Jonboy

If Tannehill Had Started Since Week 1...

4 minutes ago, Jas said:

I absolutely cannot fathom why there was not a QB competition during OTAs and camp.  Still makes no sense to me.  If MM was the better QB, so be it.  If not, don't waste 6 games on him.  I'd pay money to actually know whether AAS forced it or whether Robinson and/or Vrabel are just idiots.

Yep having a competition wouldn't have hurt considering Marcus wasn't on any long term deal.

I believe AAS is the one that wanted to give him one last shot as she was the only one involved with his drafting along with the money already spent and the amount that would be spent this year, and I'm pretty sure she genuinely likes him. 

The injuries and continuity excuse have bought him some cover and once those went out the window and the season started to slip away I think she buckled.

The bottomline is the Amy Adams Strunk was giving the orders to start and play MM

Tannehill makes throws that MM is physically not able to make. he can throw into tight windows that MM would never dream of throwing into and throwing downfield outside of the numbers without throwing a rainbow.

You know that Corey Davis, AJ Brown, and Tajae Sharpe are excited about what this holds for their futures.

13 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

This is a small thing but the kind of things you didn't get with MM.

Shortly before the 2:00 warning on the 4th down play Tannehill got up to the line and there was still 20 seconds or so left on the clock and it was ticking. He told the rest of the offense to hold up and allowed the play clock to run down as much as possible before running the play. 

Little things like that Mariota was constantly not doing. 

You could see it last week on two throws he made that went incomplete, but a flag had been thrown.

It's a free play take a shot.

Those two plus some simple dump offs that didn't pick up firsts but we're positive plays that moved the ball and help with field position, Marcus would have likley freaked out and gotten sacked.

14 minutes ago, Rogue said:

Was texting a friend and he said RT had time to throw the ball.  I told him that's because he threw it. 

Nicely put 

and he threw slants as well as outside back-shoulder throws..which spread out the Chargers' defense

12 minutes ago, oldschool said:

We have 7 gamed worth of data. it was Mariota plain and simple. 

Mostly but definitely not only. Unless you believe that Douglas is good. 

1 minute ago, Lars said:

Mostly but definitely not only. Unless you believe that Douglas is good. 

Douglas's poor play does not have the impact on the offense that Marcus's poor play does.

I will say this Marcus is about as valuable to this team as Douglas.

8 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Apparently the last people to know Mariota sucks were in fact the Titans front office and a group of retarded Titans fans.  Everyone else knew.

LOL @Face .  Wow just Wow.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/titansized.com/2019/08/20/5-reasons-pff-prefers-marcus-mariota-ryan-tannehill-tennessee-titans/amp/5/

These guys did to.

I wanted Mariota benched before the Denver game. 5 games into the season. Mariota has a higher passer rating, QBR, PFF rating, and FO rating each of the last 3 years. You’re acting like the team brought in fucking Drew Brees here.  

Theres a good chance Tannehill was stuck in a terrible situation in Miami with a brutal supporting cast, and still did some pretty nice things. I hope that’s the case & we have a big time QB on our hands. And there’s certainly no doubt that MM was atrocious this year.  But the point is, he s never played anywhere near this bad.  Not even close.  And there’s just no fucking way that Tannehill has done anywhere near enough in his career that the team is going to bench a 4 year starter who is loved  by his teammates, won the only playoff game the teams won since ‘03, and had a winning, albeit by a slim margin, record the last 3 years. 

Also, frankly, we would’ve probably been 5-2 if we had the Mariota from ‘15-‘18. The guy just completely lost his game this year. You can’t oredict these things. But you’re also the guy who said we should’ve drafted either Watson or Mahomez in ‘17, cause that would’ve made ANY sense whatsoever at the time.

But it’s pretty obvious that’s what you do. You go back years to find shit where people are wrong. You went back to what, 2011 for one of Scines posts? I know you quoted him saying that Locker was a franchise QB in 2013. And it’s also easy to take those things out of context. Scine’s post that you quoted was in October of 2013, right after Locker had 2 awesome games, one of which included a 40 something yard missle to beat the Chargers. So obviously he was excited & got a little carried away. But he was done with Locker Locker quickly.

If you stick around here for a few years you’ll be sure to leave some gold on the board, everybody does.

Just now, OILERMAN said:

He had 11 and 13 TDs the previous two seasons

Thats true. And he had 7 thru the first 4 games this year & was so much worse then he ever was. 

I was done with Marcus after Buffalo. I just think it’s a bit backseat driver to claim he should’ve been starting day 1. Sure, some of you guys said it & were right. But it’s a lot easier to make that call from an iPhone. I’d say almost no coach in the league would’ve made that call based on their play up until that point.

Either way I don’t care. I was wrong about Marcus but I’m so much more excited about this season going forward. My God at this point I just wanted to see a professional passing game.  Hopefully we win the next game or  two, if we go into the bye at worst 5-5, I can maybe get a bit excited about a dark horse playoff run, especially with all the divisional games. But for now I’m just happy to look forward to Sunday’s again, to enjoy the team. It was getting really tough watching this team & it was actually getting worse every week.

1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

Just insane that they wasted six games on that worthless fuck.  Even worse, the pathetic local media is in mourning because the inept guy finally got benched.

The difference was obvious.

Nice to have a QB who's actually a grown ass man going home to play with his kids and fuck his wife.  Meanwhile, the man child will probably cry himself to sleep cuddling with his college center.

It gets tiresome hearing this take on events. Remove the homophobia, subtract the right wing media bias, and bury the stat line. All team sports have a social and locker room component that THIS take just avoids. 

Asking a team to abandon their leader is tricky. For the Titans, it’s now been done, but to continually gloss over the complexity of this transaction is just sophomoric. Vrabel, Jrob, and AAS all recognized it’s necessity, but to short change them on the courage such action required is asinine.

It could be instead of simply following their instincts in regards to Mariota they followed the "give the franchise QB a long leash" template.

Mariota didn't make enough obvious errors for them to follow what they were seeing so they stuck to the script.

53 minutes ago, Face said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/titansized.com/2019/08/20/5-reasons-pff-prefers-marcus-mariota-ryan-tannehill-tennessee-titans/amp/5/

These guys did to.

I wanted Mariota benched before the Denver game. 5 games into the season. Mariota has a higher passer rating, QBR, PFF rating, and FO rating each of the last 3 years. You’re acting like the team brought in fucking Drew Brees here.  

Theres a good chance Tannehill was stuck in a terrible situation in Miami with a brutal supporting cast, and still did some pretty nice things. I hope that’s the case & we have a big time QB on our hands. And there’s certainly no doubt that MM was atrocious this year.  But the point is, he s never played anywhere near this bad.  Not even close.  And there’s just no fucking way that Tannehill has done anywhere near enough in his career that the team is going to bench a 4 year starter who is loved  by his teammates, won the only playoff game the teams won since ‘03, and had a winning, albeit by a slim margin, record the last 3 years. 

Also, frankly, we would’ve probably been 5-2 if we had the Mariota from ‘15-‘18. The guy just completely lost his game this year. You can’t oredict these things. But you’re also the guy who said we should’ve drafted either Watson or Mahomez in ‘17, cause that would’ve made ANY sense whatsoever at the time.

But it’s pretty obvious that’s what you do. You go back years to find shit where people are wrong. You went back to what, 2011 for one of Scines posts? I know you quoted him saying that Locker was a franchise QB in 2013. And it’s also easy to take those things out of context. Scine’s post that you quoted was in October of 2013, right after Locker had 2 awesome games, one of which included a 40 something yard missle to beat the Chargers. So obviously he was excited & got a little carried away. But he was done with Locker Locker quickly.

If you stick around here for a few years you’ll be sure to leave some gold on the board, everybody does.

I'm not taking anything out of context - it was clear to anyone with knowledge that Mariota was a bad QB.  Even 2016 when you examine it closely is more impressive stat wise than it really was.

You and Scine are among many that made every excuse in the book for Mariota.  Add to Scine's other moronic QB takes - yes it's fun to point out the idiocy when you all want to act pious and like you actually know QB play (which sadly isn't the case).

As for Mahomes/Watson, my gripe was the team didn't consider self examining MM with those two OR they are awful QB evaluators (possible).  They made every franchise decision with the assumption that Mariota was a good QB.  They fucked up and wasted probably three years of good football teams trying to hide him.

You compared Andrew Luck to Jake Locker.  Laughably dumb.