Jonboy

If Tannehill Had Started Since Week 1...

18 minutes ago, Titansgoodluck said:

And if he performs as well or better than Tanny then we’ve really created a situation.

But, if we can win with either it turns into a good problem. Maybe we can keep the rest of the team in tact and develop a system where we can still win championships 

I don’t think that’s what I was driving at...

Just now, Lars said:

LeBeau had an atrocious secondary to work with. He didn’t have this secondary. 

He had a worse secondary, but a better front 7 than we had last year with Morgan and Orakpo finished and Evans injured/sucking. 

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

The difference between LeBeau and Pees with similar personnel was what opened my eyes on this. Plus the fact that LeBeau is unemployed and was fired by Pittsburgh who totally revered him. And how good QBs shredded the defense, and those are the guys you have to beat in the postseason to get anywhere. 

He was probably a good bridge DC to get us out of no man's land though. 

I remember arguing with you about LeBeau, he was horrible 

Just now, tgo said:

He had a worse secondary, but a better front 7 than we had last year with Morgan and Orakpo finished and Evans injured/sucking. 

Pees is obviously better than LeBeau but Robiskie was a laughably bad play caller who hadn’t called plays in 15 years before Mularkey hired him and never will again after we rightfully fired him. 

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

I remember arguing with you about LeBeau, he was horrible 

He was sold, the secondary was atrocious. Stopping the run as he always did helped our moribund offense win some close games. 

Can’t put lipstick on a pig. Robiskie/Mularkey’s game flow was horrendous once they didn’t have the #2 back in the league. Driving down the field with momentum, run a play where Mariota fakes like he fumbles and gets sacked for 10 yard loss. End of drive. Lebeau being washed up and Robiskie/Mularkey sucking aren’t mutually exclusive. 

Robinson is a very good GM. Main job of a GM is too acquire talent. He’s done that very well. Not hiring Frank Reich was a big mistake though. 

Just now, japan said:

Can’t put lipstick on a pig. Robiskie/Mularkey’s game flow was horrendous once they didn’t have the #2 back in the league. Driving down the field with momentum, run a play where Mariota fakes like he fumbles and gets sacked for 10 yard loss. End of drive. Lebeau being washed up and Robiskie/Mularkey sucking aren’t mutually exclusive. 

Yep. The play calling under Mularkey and Robiskie was pitifully laughable. 

I don't see the need for a conspiracy theory. Amy, J-Rob, and Vrabel all make decisions together and I'm pretty sure we all involved in keeping Marcus as the starter. Going into the off-season everyone knew that this would be Mariota's make or break year and should've assumed that the FO would give him every chance they could to prove he wasn't the guy. I'm sure Tannehill introduce some doubt by outshining Mariota in the preseason but by then, the decision was made. Mariota then gave them a little hope by being efficient against Cleveland dominating Atlanta. The fact that they gave him the hook in Denver let's you know that they aren't blind but rather wanted to make sure he played his way out of a job and not let the "didn't give him a chance" narrative take hold. All 3 let emotion, business (Mariota becoming the guy is good for marketing), potential public back-lash affect them and they made the wrong decision. I'm willing to let it go because they ultimately rectified it but I'm definitely worried about their future handling of the QB position. 

I didn’t like Mularkey’s passing concepts. Maybe he would have done better with a better QB? Who knows. 

but he was stubborn, made some pretty awful decisions, and definitely didn’t strike me as a dude who was going to maximize the talent. 

And I am losing a little faith in Vrabel as of late. He was really solid last year and started off pretty good, but the last few games have been head scratchers. 

1 minute ago, Mythos27 said:

I don't see the need for a conspiracy theory. Amy, J-Rob, and Vrabel all make decisions together and I'm pretty sure we all involved in keeping Marcus as the starter. Going into the off-season everyone knew that this would be Mariota's make or break year and should've assumed that the FO would give him every chance they could to prove he wasn't the guy. I'm sure Tannehill introduce some doubt by outshining Mariota in the preseason but by then, the decision was made. Mariota then gave them a little hope by being efficient against Cleveland dominating Atlanta. The fact that they gave him the hook in Denver let's you know that they aren't blind but rather wanted to make sure he played his way out of a job and not let the "didn't give him a chance" narrative take hold. All 3 let emotion, business (Mariota becoming the guy is good for marketing), potential public back-lash affect them and they made the wrong decision. I'm willing to let it go because they ultimately rectified it but I'm definitely worried about their future handling of the QB position. 

No! I need a Russian conspiracy to add weight to my beliefs. 

Just now, StephenIsLegend said:

I didn’t like Mularkey’s passing concepts. Maybe he would have done better with a better QB? Who knows. 

but he was stubborn, made some pretty awful decisions, and definitely didn’t strike me as a dude who was going to maximize the talent. 

And I am losing a little faith in Vrabel as of late. He was really solid last year and started off pretty good, but the last few games have been head scratchers. 

Agreed. Not a fan of his passing concepts but I loved his run game. Even when we were getting stuffed on negative runs, you could see that the design was great if only the players could ever execute. Robiskie had no saving graces, bad coordinator with very little feel for play calling. He called a few good ones here and there but just no where near good enough to help us.  

2 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Yeah Mulsrkey didn’t beat anyone with a pulse and we beat KC because Alex Smith went full Alex Smith. Vrabel was good last year and has been atrocious this year. Strange, 

The poster who said “politics” is correct. That ALWAYS gets in the way of a smart decision. This was late, but it’s not over yet. We can get back in the division. The Colts and Texans are flawed. We need Wake and Brown to get healthy and Simmons to keep doing his thing. The biggest weekness beyond that is RB number two. That desperately needs upgraded in the offseason.