If Tannehill Had Started Since Week 1...

Jonboy

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are the Titans 5-2 right now?

Just insane that they wasted six games on that worthless fuck.  Even worse, the pathetic local media is in mourning because the inept guy finally got benched.   The difference was obvious.

You mean the OL that protected RT all day so he could throw for 300 yards and 2 TDs and blocked for Henry who had 100 yards at 4 ypc and a TD with two backups in? That OL?   It's clear the O

Can’t put lipstick on a pig. Robiskie/Mularkey’s game flow was horrendous once they didn’t have the #2 back in the league. Driving down the field with momentum, run a play where Mariota fakes like he fumbles and gets sacked for 10 yard loss. End of drive. Lebeau being washed up and Robiskie/Mularkey sucking aren’t mutually exclusive. 

Just now, japan said:

Can’t put lipstick on a pig. Robiskie/Mularkey’s game flow was horrendous once they didn’t have the #2 back in the league. Driving down the field with momentum, run a play where Mariota fakes like he fumbles and gets sacked for 10 yard loss. End of drive. Lebeau being washed up and Robiskie/Mularkey sucking aren’t mutually exclusive. 

Yep. The play calling under Mularkey and Robiskie was pitifully laughable. 

I don't see the need for a conspiracy theory. Amy, J-Rob, and Vrabel all make decisions together and I'm pretty sure we all involved in keeping Marcus as the starter. Going into the off-season everyone knew that this would be Mariota's make or break year and should've assumed that the FO would give him every chance they could to prove he wasn't the guy. I'm sure Tannehill introduce some doubt by outshining Mariota in the preseason but by then, the decision was made. Mariota then gave them a little hope by being efficient against Cleveland dominating Atlanta. The fact that they gave him the hook in Denver let's you know that they aren't blind but rather wanted to make sure he played his way out of a job and not let the "didn't give him a chance" narrative take hold. All 3 let emotion, business (Mariota becoming the guy is good for marketing), potential public back-lash affect them and they made the wrong decision. I'm willing to let it go because they ultimately rectified it but I'm definitely worried about their future handling of the QB position. 

I didn’t like Mularkey’s passing concepts. Maybe he would have done better with a better QB? Who knows. 

but he was stubborn, made some pretty awful decisions, and definitely didn’t strike me as a dude who was going to maximize the talent. 

And I am losing a little faith in Vrabel as of late. He was really solid last year and started off pretty good, but the last few games have been head scratchers. 

1 minute ago, Mythos27 said:

I don't see the need for a conspiracy theory. Amy, J-Rob, and Vrabel all make decisions together and I'm pretty sure we all involved in keeping Marcus as the starter. Going into the off-season everyone knew that this would be Mariota's make or break year and should've assumed that the FO would give him every chance they could to prove he wasn't the guy. I'm sure Tannehill introduce some doubt by outshining Mariota in the preseason but by then, the decision was made. Mariota then gave them a little hope by being efficient against Cleveland dominating Atlanta. The fact that they gave him the hook in Denver let's you know that they aren't blind but rather wanted to make sure he played his way out of a job and not let the "didn't give him a chance" narrative take hold. All 3 let emotion, business (Mariota becoming the guy is good for marketing), potential public back-lash affect them and they made the wrong decision. I'm willing to let it go because they ultimately rectified it but I'm definitely worried about their future handling of the QB position. 

No! I need a Russian conspiracy to add weight to my beliefs. 

Just now, StephenIsLegend said:

I didn’t like Mularkey’s passing concepts. Maybe he would have done better with a better QB? Who knows. 

but he was stubborn, made some pretty awful decisions, and definitely didn’t strike me as a dude who was going to maximize the talent. 

And I am losing a little faith in Vrabel as of late. He was really solid last year and started off pretty good, but the last few games have been head scratchers. 

Agreed. Not a fan of his passing concepts but I loved his run game. Even when we were getting stuffed on negative runs, you could see that the design was great if only the players could ever execute. Robiskie had no saving graces, bad coordinator with very little feel for play calling. He called a few good ones here and there but just no where near good enough to help us.  

2 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Yeah Mulsrkey didn’t beat anyone with a pulse and we beat KC because Alex Smith went full Alex Smith. Vrabel was good last year and has been atrocious this year. Strange, 

The poster who said “politics” is correct. That ALWAYS gets in the way of a smart decision. This was late, but it’s not over yet. We can get back in the division. The Colts and Texans are flawed. We need Wake and Brown to get healthy and Simmons to keep doing his thing. The biggest weekness beyond that is RB number two. That desperately needs upgraded in the offseason. 

Wasn't there and both got mixed reviews, it would be interesting to know who graded out better of the qbs in the joint practices with the Pats; that seemed to me the only really competitive part of TC, they sure didn't do anything in the PSGs and most of it seemed to be about injury avoidance. 

I don't buy that JRob was pushing to start Mariota.

First, I don't think he gets that say on gameday. Even if JRob is yelling at Vrabel behind the scenes to keep starting Mariota, Vrabel doesn't strike me as a bend-over-and-take-it coach who will bow to the GM dictating coaching decisions. If Vrabel knows Tannehill can potentially lead him to the playoffs and that Mariota is a bum who will ruin the season, you honestly think Vrabel allows the team to tank? 

Second, JRob is the one who did NOT extend Mariota and instead went with the 5th year option (which as @oldschool mentioned might have been forced due to the ulnar nerve injury). He then goes and trades for Tannehill (a 4th and 7th for Tannehill and a 6th). If you are all in on Mariota, I don't see how you trade a 4th for his backup (also on a 1-year deal expiring the same time as Mariota. Coincidence?).

Edited by cenj

2 hours ago, Lars said:

Pees is obviously better than LeBeau but Robiskie was a laughably bad play caller who hadn’t called plays in 15 years before Mularkey hired him and never will again after we rightfully fired him. 

I thought the last time he was calling plays it was for Marcus Allen and Bo Jackson in the 1980s...

Edited by ChemEngr79