If Tannehill Had Started Since Week 1...

Jonboy

36 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Why? He didn’t draft him. 

I think the general thought is that JRob pushed Mularkey out on the pretense of Mularkey wasting Mariota’s potential. So I’m sure he wanted it to be painfully obvious before they benched him.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are the Titans 5-2 right now?

Just insane that they wasted six games on that worthless fuck.  Even worse, the pathetic local media is in mourning because the inept guy finally got benched.   The difference was obvious.

You mean the OL that protected RT all day so he could throw for 300 yards and 2 TDs and blocked for Henry who had 100 yards at 4 ypc and a TD with two backups in? That OL?   It's clear the O

When Vrabel was interviewed post game by Mike Keith, he was asked what he thought of Tannehill’s game.
i was at first shocked when he gave a very lukewarm assessment, but after further thought I realized he was in CYB mode, and was trying to protect his and probably JRob’s stupidity for taking so long to bench Mariota.

1 hour ago, h4t said:

When Vrabel was interviewed post game by Mike Keith, he was asked what he thought of Tannehill’s game.
i was at first shocked when he gave a very lukewarm assessment, but after further thought I realized he was in CYB mode, and was trying to protect his and probably JRob’s stupidity for taking so long to bench Mariota.

They look really stupid

10 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I still don’t understand this reasoning. JRob has shown pretty much the exact opposite of what you are accusing him of doing. 

So Vrabel’s the retard?

19 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

Who has final say on the depth chart?

It's impossible to know who had the final say on Mariota. 

It's one thing for fans to not know Mariota isn't the answer but for the GM/coach to not know is a joke. 

WTF is playing two more games with Lewan going to show you that you haven't seen for 5 years? Seriously? 

6 hours ago, h4t said:

I suspect Vrabel will upgrade his assessment once he has a chance to review the film.     Tannehill really played well, IMO.

I've always found it a bit ridiculous to expect coaches and players to provide informed, in-depth responses immediately after a game ends.   They obviously see the play far better than the fans....but until they've watched the film, all they can really say is, "Here's what we would expect based on that play call against that defensive alignment."     Belichick always does an excellent job of dismissing those type of questions.     I'm surprised so many other coaches try to provide answers knowing full well that they don't have all the info.

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

It's impossible to know who had the final say on Mariota. 

It's one thing for fans to not know Mariota isn't the answer but for the GM/coach to not know is a joke. 

WTF is playing two more games with Lewan going to show you that you haven't seen for 5 years? Seriously? 

This is why I can't fathom it being a football person's decision. It just doesn't make sense.

28 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

This is why I can't fathom it being a football person's decision. It just doesn't make sense.

I haven't been as angry about a football decision by the team in a long time. They sabotaged this season over this decision and it was a clear cut decision. 

If I'm the owner(assuming I didn't make the retarded decision) I'm calling someone on the carpet and asking it to be explained to me. It's one thing for fans to not know Mariota can't play but for the football people to not know is gross negligence.  

My suspicion is it's Robinson and I'd guess he possibly used Mariota as an excuse to fire Mularkey to AAS. Me and @BudAdams have posted this idea a few times. 

It's honestly a fireable offense imo

As preseason unfolded and the national reports came out it was really a QB battle I actually thought we might hear Tanny was the starter in week 1 because it was so obvious he was so much better than MM.  

23 minutes ago, nine said:

I suspect Vrabel will upgrade his assessment once he has a chance to review the film.   .

Depends on his role in deciding who should start. He'll likely won't to down play it if he was the one making the decision. 

18 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

It does if you got a promotion and the ability to hire and fire coaches by convincing the owner that the HC was not maximizing Mariota’s potential.

Robinson also wanted Henry to be the every down back, something Mularkey fought.

people cling to AAS wanting Mariota protected as a rookie as the evidence for meddling.  Well Whiz was getting him destroyed.  Add that Robinson got the job in large part by outlining a plan to build around said QB.  

Robinson had plenty of motive to play Mariota early on.  By year 5, the GM has skin in this game even though he didn’t draft him.  If Mariota were to have played well, the QB situation and the onus on him solving it largely goes away.

1 minute ago, BudAdams said:

It does if you got a promotion and the ability to hire and fire coaches by convincing the owner that the HC was not maximizing Mariota’s potential.

Robinson also wanted Henry to be the every down back, something Mularkey fought.

people cling to AAS wanting Mariota protected as a rookie as the evidence for meddling.  Well Whiz was getting him destroyed.  Add that Robinson got the job in large part by outlining a plan to build around said QB.  

Robinson had plenty of motive to play Mariota early on.  By year 5, the GM has skin in this game even though he didn’t draft him.  If Mariota were to have played well, the QB situation and the onus on him solving it largely goes away.

This all makes some sense as far as a possible scenario, but does JR really have the ability to dictate that? I would have assumed depth chart stops at Vrabel.