Sign in to follow this  
SirLanceALot

Vrabel Needs To Go

3 minutes ago, rns90 said:

I didn't think Smith was that bad to be honest.

Talking about the last 7 games as a whole. Today was better because he could open up the playbook with an actual NFL QB under center.

Just now, BudAdams said:

They were fortunate it ended the way it did.  Thank god the Chargers find new ways to lose.

I do have to admit it's probably more frustrating to be a Chargers fan.  They have an elite qb and find new ways to lose everytime.

I actually think Rivers is overrated.  He often makes critical mistakes that contribute to their woes.  He's also prone to being an ass.  He's good but I don't think he's HOF worthy.

1 hour ago, IowaOiler said:

Who do you think we should have brought in?  Honest question because you are one of about 1 people think has football knowledge here.

Honestly, I don't remember who all was available in that coaching change cycle. I do know that I think we need a more offensive minded coach. But one that will have a good DC with him. Unlikely we get Pees if we didn't get Vrabel. I was against the idea of McDaniels at the time.

As far as the future goes at some point Lincoln Reilly is going to get a shot in the pros. I'm also keeping an eye on Leftwich and Kris Richards. Although Richards is a defensive guy. I'm not saying we should necessarily hire these but they do intrigue me.

Edited by WG53

Watching the qb sneak again I don’t believe there was any chance that it would have been overturned as the camera angle was slightly offset and not down the line. You can argue that he should have chanced it anyway and I agree he should have but it had almost zero chance of overturn. 

Yea those are hard to win.  Probably a better complaint is why we didn't bang Henry in there.  We shifted Lewan to the right side and should have just powered Henry over the right side on a quick hitting play.  Tannehill didn't run the sneak properly either.  Almost better to hesitate and pick an opening.  Instead he went high right into a guy.  Either way I'm letting Henry have the ball there or calling a play action pass.  I bet Smith or someone is wide open if we do that.  They were expecting the sneak first and Henry 2nd.  Give Tannehill a couple of options off play action and I bet it is an easy first down and the game basically ends there.  IMO going for it was the right call.  The play was not the right call.  

58 minutes ago, japan said:

QB sneak is always the right call in that situation. They need to tell Tannehill to go low from now on. 

Ben Jones doesn’t get enough push to successfully sneak behind him.  Our guards are a mess too. We got lucky one time, you knew we wouldn’t again. 

Edited by popa

43 minutes ago, popa said:

Ben Jones doesn’t get enough push to successfully sneak behind him.  Our guards are a mess too. We got lucky one time, you knew we wouldn’t again. 

Mariota has had nothing but success running QB sneaks. 

9 minutes ago, japan said:

Mariota has had nothing but success running QB sneaks. 

I don't think I ever saw Mariota go high like that. Wasn't a fan of that decision by RT

3 hours ago, SirLanceALot said:

We got lucky to win that game because of the defense. Don’t call it for what it’s not. 

I guess we're going to pretend the "prevent" that didn't prevent shit didn't happen?

Just sayin'....it never should've even come down to the wire.