freakingeek

Tannehill looking good

RT was slinging it yesterday, against a banged up Chargers defense.  Some of those tight window throws are going to go the other way, but it was refreshing to see the QB give the WR/TE's an opportunity to make some plays. Hopefully he can string some games together.

7 hours ago, titaninpgh said:

Mariota attempts this throw zero out of 10 times. Anyone else notice Davis’s intensity after catches? Almost like he’s releasing 2.5 years of frustration. 

I thought the same thing about Davis.

2 minutes ago, japan said:

Gotta worry about some of those hits Tannehill was taking. You know who could be back in the lineup soon...

This is the biggest concern with RT in my opinion. He took a few bad sacks and got lit up other times. Hopefully he's just knocking the rust off.

Just finished rewatching Tannehill highlights from yesterday. Very impressive accuracy and velocity. TD throw to Corey Davis between two defenders was perfectly thrown low to avoid being picked off, while the second TD to Tajae was a high bullet over the hands of two defenders impossible for them to reach. Also more than a few bullets in-stride to maximize YAC and that amazing throw on the move to CD in the second quarter. Not so sure about his pocket awareness although it’s miles ahead of what we had 

58 minutes ago, Titansgoodluck said:

My concern with Tannehill are turnovers at in opportune times. Regardless of what people think Mariota really was protective of the football. To the point it was a knock.

Gonna be interesting how they both look at the end of the season

Tannehill and Mariota have almost identical int ratios for their career.  Plus Tannehill throws the ball into tight coverage because as an NFL QB that is what you do.  I'm about sick of Mariota's name even coming up.  He isn't half the QB Tannehill is and if he played we lose that game.  Period.  So have your bizarre "concerns" and realize we would be kicking more FGs and scoring fewer TDs with Mariota in there.  Mariota= pathetic.  Tannehill played a near perfect game.  Any thought by anyone that Mariota should take another snap from center for this team is plain ass stupid.  I'd give the kid off the PS a chance first.  Mariota had a fair chance and then some.