17 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

He's athletic but he uses it to buy time to throw the ball, definitely a change for the better. A lot of times MM got caught in no man's land because running the ball was always in the back of his mind. I was real impressed with his third down play; he was willing to trust his arm strength and decision making (and his receivers) and threw some darts.

He also didn’t get shook when the pass rushers and OTs got behind him. It was incredible to see.

18 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

He also didn’t get shook when the pass rushers and OTs got behind him. It was incredible to see.

Yup.  He used his mobility to buy enough time to deliver some strikes down the field, unlike you know who.

2 hours ago, titaninpgh said:

Mariota attempts this throw zero out of 10 times. Anyone else notice Davis’s intensity after catches? Almost like he’s releasing 2.5 years of frustration. 

Watching the replay I definitely noticed this. He even bobbled a couple of balls. He was hyped up to just get to be a receiver again. 

He isnt the most natural hands catcher, but I think it just comes with reps to a guy like that. It was obvious the difference between Davis and Brown when it came down to pure hands. Brown naturally catches snatches the ball and Davis at times fights it. Davis has an extra gear in his arsenal and can burn the best CB’s in the league though. If I was Arthur Smith I would get off of the Lafleur system a bit and start feeding the guy every game. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

2 hours ago, Titans279 said:

Still no deep shots. I actually agree with Beddingfield when he says our lack of a traditional deep threat WR is a hole in the roster. Need a speed guy

Don't ever agree with Beddingfield about anything.

3 hours ago, Titans279 said:

Still no deep shots. I actually agree with Beddingfield when he says our lack of a traditional deep threat WR is a hole in the roster. Need a speed guy

Meh. There or other reasons for not taking deep shots. "Speed guys" are drastically overrated. 

The difference in the crowd noise was noticeable.  I only watched the highlights, but dare I say, the offense was enjoyable to watch.  It's really what people have wanted to see.  The team doesn't have to be KC, but longer drives, getting the ball into the hands of our playmakers, basically what other NFL teams are putting onto the field.  The 3 and out duck ball fest was unwatchable.

Nice to see not one complaint about dropped balls. This puts to bed another excuse for the Mariota Homers. Some on here actually said you can throw too hard. Our pro receivers didn't get that memo. Some people are downright silly. The fact Tanne puts most balls between the numbers or right in front of them where they can catch with their hands (Brown especially) helps a lot.

2 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Nice to see not one complaint about dropped balls. This puts to bed another excuse for the Mariota Homers. Some on here actually said you can throw too hard. Our pro receivers didn't get that memo. Some people are downright silly. The fact Tanne puts most balls between the numbers or right in front of them where they can catch with their hands (Brown especially) helps a lot.

The fact that the ball was actually getting thrown to the receivers is the reason the offense moved the ball much better.

Davis and Brown are seriously good.  The fact Mariota didn't throw to them just baffles me.

5 hours ago, Callidus said:

Worst argument ever but funny as shit

Gabbert was stuck with Mariota's dumbed down playbook. Tanne said fuck that and actually started throwing to open people. He was getting sacked yesterday, and it was the best sack I have seen in 5 years. In that short time frame Tanne actually looked at three different receivers before going down.

Edited by JoelinBellevue

10 hours ago, cenj said:

I also think Mariota's arm strength is a bigger issue than many realized.

He could never make those tight throws, especially off platform. When everything was perfect and he stepped up with all he had, he could make a solid strength throw (still never a wow throw). But that was the equivalent of a kicker on kickoff with a running start vs. a kicker taking two steps for a FG attempt.

I think it affected his confidence and willingness to throw into windows. He couldn't get it there most of the time unless his technique and pocket were perfect (and they rarely were). 

Yep, been saying it for ages. MM did not trust his arm, all of those boundary throws he was real hesitant because he knew he lacked the velocity to complete them. I saw some many passes he threw where it felt like an eternity for the ball to get there and we were lucky it wasn't intercepted. 

But besides that, he lacked field vision and pocket awareness. It's a terrible combination. 

Tannehill looked light years better than Marcus ever did. Do I think Tannehill is some saviour? Nope, but he looks like an NFL QB for a change. Last time I can honestly say that I saw passes like his was Mac.

28 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

The fact that the ball was actually getting thrown to the receivers is the reason the offense moved the ball much better.

Davis and Brown are seriously good.  The fact Mariota didn't throw to them just baffles me.

Because MM does not have the arm to throw outside of the numbers down the field.