freakingeek

Tannehill looking good

I also think Mariota's arm strength is a bigger issue than many realized.

He could never make those tight throws, especially off platform. When everything was perfect and he stepped up with all he had, he could make a solid strength throw (still never a wow throw). But that was the equivalent of a kicker on kickoff with a running start vs. a kicker taking two steps for a FG attempt.

I think it affected his confidence and willingness to throw into windows. He couldn't get it there most of the time unless his technique and pocket were perfect (and they rarely were). 

13 minutes ago, cenj said:

I also think Mariota's arm strength is a bigger issue than many realized.

He could never make those tight throws, especially off platform. When everything was perfect and he stepped up with all he had, he could make a solid strength throw (still never a wow throw). But that was the equivalent of a kicker on kickoff with a running start vs. a kicker taking two steps for a FG attempt.

I think it affected his confidence and willingness to throw into windows. He couldn't get it there most of the time unless his technique and pocket were perfect (and they rarely were). 

The velocity (and accuracy) was noticeable as well on the amount of RAC yards our WR got today.

Edited by rns90

35 minutes ago, Titans_Win_Again said:

I never watched him with the Dolphins but I think it's safe to assume this is the best supporting cast he's ever had.

Best OL and defense for damn sure.

Best QB performance in quite some time. Consistent drives where we moved the ball and involved all of our skill players. We will only improve the more Tannehill receives 1st team reps.

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

I think when a QB sits after losing his chance to be leader of a team, the good ones really study their mistakes and try to correct them.  They they start to plan how they will play if they get a second chance.  I think we lucked out because Miami wants to rebuild.

If Tannehill wants to have a shot at being a starter for him it's now or never.

36 minutes ago, tgo said:

Best OL and defense for damn sure.

He did have some good receivers and running backs I think. Not sure about OL. 

1 hour ago, cenj said:

I also think Mariota's arm strength is a bigger issue than many realized.. 

Maybe the Ulnar injury had a bigger impact on his arm. It didn't seem like it in the Philly, Dallas, and NE games though.

1 hour ago, rns90 said:

The velocity (and accuracy) was noticeable as well on the amount of RAC yards our WR got today.

This can't be overstated.  We're finally going to get to see what we actually spent so much money and draft picks on when it comes to the receiving corps. Corey Davis is about to become a fucking monster.

4 hours ago, AvgJoe said:

Best QB performance in quite some time. Consistent drives where we moved the ball and involved all of our skill players. We will only improve the more Tannehill receives 1st team reps.

mariotas atlanta game was significantly better, we just quit passing... but 3/0 is better than 2/1

its nice to have a spark because MM was playing like shit more than well. but its smart to temper things a bit considering the pass D wasnt good and theres no tape on RT and the Tits together. But he threw some nice passes.. though he did fumble, and he did throw an INT and nearly two more. 

Edited by titanruss

He's athletic but he uses it to buy time to throw the ball, definitely a change for the better. A lot of times MM got caught in no man's land because running the ball was always in the back of his mind. I was real impressed with his third down play; he was willing to trust his arm strength and decision making (and his receivers) and threw some darts.