freakingeek

Tannehill looking good

Not only that he completed passes with the backup G and RT in the game.

Oh, and guys please don't bring up Kelly as starting RT material.  He isn't good at all in pass protection.

35 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

On behalf of all the posters that have said for years how bad Mariota is/was I hope you enjoyed seeing what a real QB looks like. We took loads of shit, but today makes it worth it. Take a bow Oman, Big, Jake, myself, et al.

Me, me, me! :)

1 hour ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Tannehill looks miles better than Mariota, and better than I remember him in Miami to be honest

I think when a QB sits after losing his chance to be leader of a team, the good ones really study their mistakes and try to correct them.  They they start to plan how they will play if they get a second chance.  I think we lucked out because Miami wants to rebuild.

The reality is simply this.  We have two QBs going in opposite directions.  Mariota has regressed and simply doesn't have the arm strength or guts to make those throws.  Tannehill on the other hand might be a guy who is finally coming into his own.  He looked really sharp out there.  He did just about everything real well.  Our offense was just as good as the Chargers.  Might be nice if our defense didn't give up that big play again.  Almost cost us the ball game.  By the way what was Vrabel doing taking a time out there.  Take the 10 second run off and hope we stuff them.  It is real hard for the offense to reset after a running play on the goal line and takes a while to get the next play off.  If he had not done that the game was over on the Gordon stuff even if we don't get the fumble.  Of course if I'm the Chargers I'd have thrown the ball a few times anyway.  You score or it stops the clock.  risky running it and they lost because of it.