JJ423

Delaine on the trade block?

6 hours ago, patsplat said:

couldn't he like... wear a headset?

Maybe we are too cheap for separate headsets...

Honestly, send him to the Patriots. They are obviously looking for TE help, and we aren't winning the Superbowl this year. Let him get a title, and let us continue developing the younger guys.

He won't be much trade value. Maybe a 5-7th considering Seattle's pickle. I'd be pleasantly surprised with a 5th. +++ for a goddamn guard that can start

My perspective is this.  First of all people are making stuff up out of the blue.  He hasn't dropped on the depth chart but is 35 years old and coming back from a wicked injury.  So the strategy to start was to limit his reps to keep him available for the last half of the season (it would be like saying Wake is dropping on the depth chart).  Then he tweeks his ankle against Denver so they sit him fearing he could mess it up and be out for the year.  As for trade bait it is unlikely we would get anything of value since right now since he isn't healthy.  He is worth having around for the rest of the year rather than getting nothing for him.    

That win was huge.  We can come out of next week at 4-4 with a legit chance to fight for a playoff spot.  Especially now that we have a legit QB.  Walker could still be a benefit to the team and is obviously a better blocker than about every TE we have.  He has also shown he can still ball in the passing game.  The key there is being able to have one or two TEs that can catch the ball but still block for Henry.  Smith is a decent run blocker as is Walker.  Pruitt is a decent blocker but offers little in the passing game.  With that said we saw that Smith is a legit threat in the passing game.  Our depth at TE really helped with Walker out but it might be Smith who is the next one to get dinged.  

Random note, but it seems like the only way to keep Henry, Conklin, Logan Ryan, and potentially Tannehill is to clear Dion Lewis and Delanie Walker off the books for 2020. Or restructure Casey or all of the above. 

Edited by tgo

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Random note, but it seems like the only way to keep Henry, Conklin, Logan Ryan, and potentially Tannehill is to clear Dion Lewis and Delanie Walker off the books for 2020.

That would seem like a done deal to me. No brainer. 

1 hour ago, tgo said:

Random note, but it seems like the only way to keep Henry, Conklin, Logan Ryan, and potentially Tannehill is to clear Dion Lewis and Delanie Walker off the books for 2020. Or restructure Casey or all of the above. 

Lewis/Walker won't be on this team next year, two other veterans that could be cap casualties are Cam Wake and DaQuan Jones.

Would like to keep Jones as he is playing well, question is how does JRob feel about that $8.3 million cap hit next season.

2 hours ago, tgo said:

I think JRob has been setting us up for annual Comp picks. As much as I want us to keep some of those guys, I just don't see it possible keeping them all.

3 hours ago, tgo said:

What about Clowney? 😁

5 hours ago, tgo said:

I think this is most likely.