10 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

It’s stupid to ever trade an elite, irreplaceable player if you don’t have to because of character issues or some sort of outlier. 

OAKs entire team was shit. They needed upgrades across the board. 

Paying Khalil Mack wasnt going to make them better. It would allow them to keep the best edge rusher in the game, but they still would have been shit as a whole. At least, worse than they are currently. 

Again, ppl sit here an say "Mack's value is more than 2 1st round picks". Is it really though on a team that was that bad? Again, I can argue they upgraded 3, if not 4 positions by trading Mack. Maybe they got worse at the position Mack played, but they improved 3+ other positions just by trading one player. 

That's tough, but smart business. 

Edited by JakePA_Titan

27 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Yeah your point is useless if you can't argue it with some kind of detail. Next.

That's for trying @JakePA_Titan

Childish. My point is useless? You have no point other than "Oh, Mack so good, uggh!".

They Signed Trent Brown and Tyrell Williams. They cost a combined 27 million a year. Mack is making 23.5 alone. Do they sign those two if they pay Mack? Probably not. 

It upgraded their #2 WR position and their LT position. LT is what most consider the second or third most important position on the field.

The 2019 pick they got from CHI was Josh Jacobs. Jacobs is 10th in rushing and already had his bye week....another position upgrade. I'm sure his rank of tenth is also aided by the Trent Brown signing....

Safe to say parting with Mack helped their offense improve....and if the "roster" part all of a sudden doesn't tickle your fancy, just compare the numbers....

Keep going? Ok, I will....

They still have CHIs 2020 first and 3rd round picks. Currently looks like those might be top 20 in their given rounds....

So yes, I'd say they have improved in other areas and are not done with the improvements that trading Mack is allowing them to make. 

Edited by JakePA_Titan

3 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Childish. 

They Signed Trent Brown and Tyrell Williams. They cost a combined 27 million a year. Mack is making 23.5 alone. So they sign those two if they pay Mack? Probably not. 

It upgraded their #2 WR position and their LT position. LT is what most consider the second or third most important position on the field.

The 2019 pick they got from CHI was Josh Jacobs. Jacobs is 10th in rushing and already had his bye week....another position upgrade. I'm sure his rank of tenth is also aided by the Trent Brown signing....

Safe to say parting with Mack helped their offense improve....and if the "roster" part all of a sudden doesn't tickle your fancy, just compare the numbers....

Keep going? Ok, I will....

They still have CHIs 2020 first and 3rd round picks. Currently looks like those might be top 20 in their given rounds....

So yes, I'd say they have improved in other areas and are not done with the improvements that trading Mack is allowing them to make. 

That's better. 

But outside of drafting a running back so far they had the cap space to sign to upgrade those positions and keep Mack.

In the end, they'll need a new QB and I doubt all those picks matter.

That's what it comes down to. The quarterback. Put a great QB with Mack and the Raiders are contenders.

Edited by big2033

3 minutes ago, big2033 said:

That's better. 

Better?

It's sad that you needed me to write it out for you. You're trying to talk NFL without even knowing NFL. You need ppl to spell it out for you. This has all happened over the last year. And you need reminded of it? Pathetic. 

But outside of drafting a running back they had the cap space to sign to upgrade those positions and keep Mack.

Upgrade those positions with what exactly? Time for you to prove your point. Who could they have signed that would have upgraded those positions as well as Brown and Williams have? Don't shy away now. Prove your point. 

Edited by JakePA_Titan

2 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Better?

It's sad that you needed me to write it out for you. You're trying to talk NFL without even knowing NFL. You need ppl to spell it out for you. 

Upgrade those positions with what exactly? Time for you to prove your point. Who could they have signed that would have upgraded those positions as well as Brown and Williams have? Don't shy away now. Prove your point. 

You just told me who they signed did you not? They could've done that whether they kept Mack or not - they have the cap space. Then they blew some money/time on Antonio Brown and it blew up in their faces. After trading away Amari Cooper.

Unless they have a QBoTF in mind these draft picks they've stockpiled really guarantee nothing.

A HOFer pass rusher guarantees a lot.

Edited by big2033

8 minutes ago, big2033 said:

You just told me who they signed did you not? They could've done that whether they kept Mack or not - they have the cap space. Then they blew some money/time on Antonio Brown and it blew up in their faces. After trading away Amari Cooper.

Ok. So Brown, Williams, and Mack make a combined total of 50.5 millions dollars per year. 

Throw in Carrs contract, 22.5 would have them paying 4 players 73 million dollars in one year. 

In other words, those 4 players alone would have cost them 38% of this years cap space. 

You think that would be smart for the team? Trying to improve a roster that had sucked. 40% of their cap on 4 players?

And you're right, that's not counting what Cooper will get next year. I surmise you believe they should have kept Cooper too? And pay 5 players 50+% of their cap. Smdh. 

Some fans can't look past the headline into the details. You're one. 

Edited by JakePA_Titan

4 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Ok. So Brown, Williams, and Mack make a combined total of 50.5 millions dollars per year. 

Throw in Carrs contract, 22.5 would have them paying 4 players 73 million dollars in one year. 

In other words, those 4 players alone would have cost them 38% of this years cap space. 

You think that would be smart for the team? Trying to improve a roster that had sucked. 40% of their cap on 4 players?

And you're right, that's not counting what Cooper will get next year. I surmise you believe they should have kept Cooper too? And pay 5 players 50+% of their cap. Smdh. 

Some fans can't look past the headline into the details. You're one. 

What?

Why would you include Brown when I obviously said it was a mistake to sign him? LOL. They made that move because they thought they had the extra cash to sign a more impactful player than Mack ... and obviously it was a big waste.

The point is all that extra money saved on Mack didn't help them.

I still don't see how the move has changed anything in terms of who they have on their roster. I guess outside of a running back.

They have a shittier defense and had on offseason they could've had regardless.

Edited by big2033

5 minutes ago, big2033 said:

What?

Why would you include Brown when I obviously said it was a mistake to sign him? LOL. They made that move because they thought they had the extra cash to sign a more impactful player than Mack ... and obviously it was a big waste.

The point is all that extra money saved on Mack didn't help them.

I'm talking about Trent Brown. Keep up....

Now, take those improvements you think they still could have made (minus Jacobs because they wouldn't have had the pick to draft him) and they still had Mack....

Would they be a SB contender? No. Would you consider them a solid playoff contender? Prolly not. So why is it so dumb that they traded Mack? Just because he's great individually? Dumb logic. 

There's 22 starters, not 5. This isn't basketball. One great edge rusher on a trash team holds little value. 

2 first round picks and 23+ extra million dollars has more value on a team that is rebuilding. 

Its not rocket science. 

Edited by JakePA_Titan

I'm talking about Trent Brown. Keep up....

Now, take those improvements you think they still could have made (minus Jacobs because they wouldn't have had the pick to draft him) and they still had Mack....

Would they be a SB contender? No. Would you consider them a solid playoff contender? Prolly not. So why is it so dumb that they traded Mack? Just because he's great individually? Dumb logic. 

Unless they use those picks to get a star QB, there's no reason to trade a HOFer level player. Mack helps you win a Super Bowl. All these moves they've made does nothing for them unless they have a better QB. Because none of these guys are impact players.

Mack can completely change a defense. The Raiders need a QB to completely change their offense. So moving on from Mack hasn't solved any problem, it's just left a hole until they find a better QB and when they do ... they'll need a star on defense ... which they gave away.

Like @OILERMAN said, Chicago's issue is QB. Mack has had a huge impact on D.

Edited by big2033

1 minute ago, big2033 said:

Unless they use those picks to get a star QB, there's no reason to trade a HOFer level player.

Yea, because theres no other way to find one....

Mack helps you win a Super Bowl.

Let me know when CHI gets theirs....because obviously, that's why they made that trade, correct? Let me know when it works out for them. 

All these moves they've made does nothing for them unless they have a better QB. Because none of these guys are impact players.

Mack can completely change a defense.

As I asked Star, Christian McCaffery can completely change an offense. Is he worth 2 first rounders on top of the money he'll get in two years?

The Raiders need a QB to completely change their offense. So moving on from Mack hasn't solved any problem, it's just left a hole until they find a better QB and when they do ... they'll need a star on defense ... which they gave away.

Like @OILERMAN said, Chicago's issue is QB. Mack has had a huge impact on D.

So then it was dumb for CHI to make this trade without an elite QB?

They should have used those picks they gave up for Mack on an elite QB?

Is that what you're saying? Sounds like it. Sounds like you're saying it's just as dumb for CHI to make this trade as it was for OAK to do so....

Just now, big2033 said:

THAT you can argue. 

Yet, OAK now has more draft capital than CHI to still find theirs.....

I'm sorry, but you sound ignorant. 

If Trubisky doesn't pan out, CHI set themselves back trading for Mack. 

Then who looks like the dumb ones? 

Just now, JakePA_Titan said:

Yea, because theres no other way to find one....

Let me know when CHI gets theirs....because obviously, that's why they made that trade, correct? Let me know when it works out for them. 

As I asked Star, Christian McCaffery can completely change an offense. Is he worth 2 first rounders on top of the money he'll get in two years?

So then it was dumb for CHI to make this trade without an elite QB?

They should have used those picks they gave up for Mack on an elite QB?

Is that what you're saying? Sounds like it. Sounds like you're saying it's just as dumb for CHI to make this trade as it was for OAK to do so....

Yes. You can argue that in hindsight they should've saved the picks in case Trubisky didn't work out.

But they thought they had their guy which is why they made the move.

QB is the most important position in football, an elite pass rusher is a pretty close second. The Raiders had a piece and they shipped it without a plan at QB.

Yet, OAK now has more draft capital than CHI to still find theirs.....

I'm sorry, but you sound ignorant. 

If Trubisky doesn't pan out, CHI set themselves back trading for Mack. 

Then who looks like the dumb ones? 

The Raiders haven't used their capital on a QB though. So they're both dumb for trusting their QB, but Chicago has a HOFer on the defensive line at least. We know what he'll do, we don't know what the Raiders will do or what a new QB will do.

In the end, a bunch of picks don't mean shit unless you get them right.

You get a HOFer on your roster you keep him. Because that's what you scout and draft to find. That's the point. To find those kinds of players.

Edited by big2033