Jonboy

Titans Activate Jeffery Simmons

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

 

The problem with the revenue sharing is that regular tickets, merchandise, and TV are all shared.  She has no financial incentive to spend, and it's why there's so little parity in the NFL.

 

Huh? Revenue sharing is part of the reason there is parity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

 

The problem with the revenue sharing is that regular tickets, merchandise, and TV are all shared.  She has no financial incentive to spend, and it's why there's so little parity in the NFL.


Same moronic “socialism is bad” shtick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, reo said:

 

Huh? Revenue sharing is part of the reason there is parity. 

 

Not as much as most other pro leagues:

 

https://medium.com/@boxerbrayden/ranking-the-four-major-sports-leagues-parity-dd98c8bab0ec

 

 

3 hours ago, Starkiller said:


Same moronic “socialism is bad” shtick?

 

Shtick?  That's fact, unless you're one of the elite central planners.  There's several million corpses worldwide that agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

Shtick?  That's fact, unless you're one of the elite central planners.  There's several million corpses worldwide that agree.


Sure, the billionaire NFL owners (aka “the elite central planners”) are making a fortune off this “socialist” experiment. So tell me again how it’s so terrible...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Starkiller said:


Sure, the billionaire NFL owners (aka “the elite central planners”) are making a fortune off this “socialist” experiment. So tell me again how it’s so terrible...

 

It's not terrible for them, just as it wasn't terrible for Stalin, or Mao, or Castro.  It sucks for the non-central planners, and in the football sense, that's fans of teams that are never competitive.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TeamRamrod said:

Anyone else get the feeling the staff is just drooling over Simmons already? He must have been pretty damn impressive this week.

Shit, with this OL, anyone would look like a all pro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, reo said:

 

Oh yay... you found an article from some random source with 0 backing up their opinion that there's no parity in the NFL that doesn't even link it to revenue sharing. 

 

 

 

Concessions and wearables doubtful. TV revenues for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, reo said:

 

Oh yay... you found an article from some random source with 0 backing up their opinion that there's no parity in the NFL that doesn't even link it to revenue sharing. 

 

 

 

There are a ton of sources, and although you may need it, I don't feel like spoon-feeding them to you.  Believe, don't believe me...I don't give a shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, IowaOiler said:

 

It's not terrible for them, just as it wasn't terrible for Stalin, or Mao, or Castro.  It sucks for the non-central planners, and in the football sense, that's fans of teams that are never competitive.  


NFL teams win on merit and everyone has the same basic resources. Players get free agency and plenty of money. The fans love it. And there is generally parity throughout the league. 
 

It’s probably one of the most successful examples of socialism there is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Starkiller said:


NFL teams win on merit and everyone has the same basic resources. Players get free agency and plenty of money. The fans love it. And there is generally parity throughout the league. 
 

It’s probably one of the most successful examples of socialism there is.

 

That's not true at all.  The NFL is losing fans for a variety of reasons, and the same teams make the playoffs every year, the exact OPPOSITE of parity.  But if you can believe socialism isn't bad, then you can convince yourself of anything.  Enjoy your fantasy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IowaOiler said:

 

That's not true at all.  The NFL is losing fans for a variety of reasons, and the same teams make the playoffs every year, the exact OPPOSITE of parity.  But if you can believe socialism isn't bad, then you can convince yourself of anything.  Enjoy your fantasy.


NFL tv ratings are up 2 years in a row, so no they aren’t losing fans.
 

And parity is high but that doesn’t mean the Pats aren’t going to make the playoffs every year with Brady at QB. 

 

The fact you are a right wing ideologue can’t change the success of the NFL model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s hoping the Titans play Simmons only 20-30% of the defensive snaps this week and for the next week to get him acclimated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.