Jonboy

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A top 5 pick.

I just re-watched the game and holy shit.   He was so much more impressive than I even saw on first glance.   He also played a lot more than I expected.  His instincts are elite.  

How is the high school girl still alive?

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Supdawg said:

Haynesworth was just on 102.5, and he was also raving about Simmons. Said as long as the Titans allow him to do him, he will be special. 

All I hope is that Simmons doesn't get a big head about the early success. 

Not a chance with that guy. You can see it with the way he speaks. He’ll want to get paid, but he’s nothing like Haynesworth. He demands excellence from himself and commands the respect of those around him. Watch some of the videos of interviews from his fellow players and coaches. They’re not just talking him up, they rave about his work ethic, coachability, and the fact he is a natural leader. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Not a chance with that guy. You can see it with the way he speaks. He’ll want to get paid, but he’s nothing like Haynesworth. He demands excellence from himself and commands the respect of those around him. Watch some of the videos of interviews from his fellow players and coaches. They’re not just talking him, they rave about his work ethic, coachability, and the fact he is a natural leader. 

Jonnu Smith and Simmons are likely Vrabel's illegitimate children.  He won't say shit about anyone else.

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Not a chance with that guy. You can see it with the way he speaks. He’ll want to get paid, but he’s nothing like Haynesworth. He demands excellence from himself and commands the respect of those around him. Watch some of the videos of interviews from his fellow players and coaches. They’re not just talking him up, they rave about his work ethic, coachability, and the fact he is a natural leader. 

The best part is that we don't even have to rely on the words of the people around him. To come back as quickly as he did from the torn ACL required incredible work ethic, pain tolerance, and effort. 

11 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

The best part is that we don't even have to rely on the words of the people around him. To come back as quickly as he did from the torn ACL required incredible work ethic, pain tolerance, and effort. 

Good point. Also the fact he went into the boss’s office and told him he was ready to play. Think about that big son of a bitch leaning over your table saying ‘put me on the motherfucking field’. You can’t say no. 

On 10/24/2019 at 9:10 AM, Supdawg said:

Cossell was raving about Simmons on the midday 180 yesterday. He can pretty much join the crowd. 

I can't believe how well his play was liked unanimously across the board. 

Cosell had him as the best dt in the draft over quinnen, oliver, and the clemson duo

On 10/21/2019 at 6:29 AM, Alcibiades said:

I see the Donald comparisons, I guess. But to me he's closer to Suh. He's just so strong. I don't think he's as quick as Donald. They have different builds. But Simmons looked like a man among boys out there. He made OL look silly. Even when they double teamed him, he was just standing there, occupying two blockers. Pretty amazing debut.

Suh Is what I saw from the forst moment I saw him in nfl action. He dosnt have the lateral movment of some1 like Donald but when moving forward he is a fucking wrecking ball. I was wrong about him.

38 minutes ago, Titansgoodluck said:

You shouldn’t be able to jar grown ass offensive lineman back the way he does coming off an ACL.

The defense may be what can unite the fan base because a may get fun watching those guys play. Much better feeling than expecting to get gashed and sliced up by opposing teams.

If we get what the offense gave us last week we may go on a 8 or sp game tear. That is how good this d is now. They arnt may not look historic but id love 2 see a comparison between average numbera now, 2000, and 85. Again not saying they are that good but they are damn good.

Edit: sorry im a asshole, average points per game hasnt changed in the last 25 years. Just fluctuates between 17 and 24. Its trended up 2 points or so but wtf lol.

My mind was blown by that...

Edited by Callidus

On 10/22/2019 at 6:44 PM, AussieTitanFan08 said:

On 10/24/2019 at 1:14 AM, IsntLifeFunny said:

I’m telling you guys, when they teach this guy the proper technique to 1 gap he’s going to be unstoppable. Right now he’s constantly engaging with the OL, or at least that’s what he did Sunday and all throughout his collegiate career. The burst is there though. You can see it. Teach him how to unleash and stop reading all of the time. 

16 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Very few of these early DL picks are anything like this kid.  Might be pre-mature but this kid has Reggie White traits.  He can forklift a guy but is also very athletic.  I remembered Casey had some flashes early (he is mostly explosive but has learned to get leverage) but it took him some time to develop some intricacies to his game to be as good as he is.  If Simmons does that he will be unblockable man on man.   He has quickness and strength.  Monstrous and explosive.  

And he is doing all this so far while being too high off the ball. If he starts coming off the ball lower he will be unstoppable. Right now his power and quickness are setting him up well. He's only going to get better.

• 2 weeks later...