Jonboy

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A top 5 pick.

I just re-watched the game and holy shit.   He was so much more impressive than I even saw on first glance.   He also played a lot more than I expected.  His instincts are elite.  

How is the high school girl still alive?

Posted Images

Maybe this has already been mentioned....but for the two goal-line stops that won the game:

On 1st & goal, Casey absolutely blows up his guy and drives him about 3 yards backward....but who makes the initial contact to slow Melvin Gordon's momentum?    Why, it's big ol' #98....with Evans shooting the gap and dropping the hammer

On the following (and final) play, the roles are reversed.      Big Jeff overpowers the OG and bends him over backward while Casey and Evans meet at the ballcarrier to shut the play down.     Even if Gordon doesn't fumble, he's stonewalled without gaining an inch.

4 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Daniel Jeremiah was totally raving about Simmons today. He said the scary thing is Simmons doesn't even look nearly 100%

Can't wait till next season when Simmons can ditch the knee brace and everyone will get to truly see his mobility on top of his power/length.

The amount of power he generates without one leg being 100% is amazing.  I can't wait to see what he looks like fully healthy and after he's had a full off season of NFL strength training.

I just hope they aren't risking anything by playing him.  The last thing we need is for him to have a setback.  He looks like a perennial all-pro type player and certainly don't want to screw that up just to help win games now.

On 10/21/2019 at 7:58 PM, ChemEngr79 said:

The PFF Player Grading Scale:

• 100-90 Elite
  • 89-85 Pro Bowler
  • 84-70 Starter
  • 69-60 Backup
  • 59-0 Replaceable

So basically, he played at a legit elite level with a week of practice...

Also basically... the Jets, Raiders, Dolphins, Panthers, Giants, and maybe even the Bills are all biting their knuckles right now.