Jonboy

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A top 5 pick.

I just re-watched the game and holy shit.   He was so much more impressive than I even saw on first glance.   He also played a lot more than I expected.  His instincts are elite.  

How is the high school girl still alive?

Posted Images

It"s hard to believe that the 18 teams before us were too stupid or risk adverse to pick him.  He looks like a generational type player, and the injury is thought provoking but in this day and age should not have been a major factor.  Who in the NFL would not take Luck #1 overall even if he had a ACL.  I don''t think there is any injury, other than a career ending one, that would have deterred me from taking Luck.  It will be interesting to  see how many busts are going to happen in the #1-18 players.  There are going to be a few GM's that are going to have a lot of explaining to do.  I'm glad we have a GM that would take the heat of picking an injured player with huge upside.  I remember reading that the Colts were going to take him if available at their pick.  it looks like JRob and  Chris Ballard are going to be going at it for years to come.  I hope QB picking by JRob is as good as this pick.

3 hours ago, abc2330 said:

His draft slide due to his injury just looks stupid now.

Think about it like this: Had we drafted him without the injury, would we have won anything more than we have? I think we would have the exact same record. Maybe one more win at most. We got what seems to be a top 5 value at number 19. Would you trade one win to move into the top five to grab a potential All-Pro DT to be on a rookie contract for the next five years paid at the 19th slot salary?

It's a Jeff Simmons thread and he more than deserves the accolades but Daquan Jones was getting busy too. I'm probably reaching but Simmons might be one of those guys that makes the guy next to him better. DQ and Casey getting going would be sweet because Landry is getting good pressure from the edge.  

19 hours ago, cenj said:

Simmons is key because Casey doesn't have much longer. We aren't done with the DL -- we need to keep adding talent. Casey is slowing down and could fall completely off next year, and Wake is nearly 40 years old.

Keep drafting playmakers on D and let Pees tear QBs up.

Spot on. Isaiah Mack is another good add as a UDFA. I love Da’Quan stepping up his game. We need that.

Offseason, I try to get Wake for one more year, and then try to get an elite pass rusher high in the draft, by the 2nd round. If the Titans retain Tannehill and still draft a QB in the 2nd (unsure if feasible yet) I would even entertain EDGE in the first.