Sign in to follow this  
pamo9

Brent Urban released, Derek Roberson promoted

Per Adam Schefter, Urban released. I guess they're not too worried about missing Finch. Wake back, hopefully.

Edited by pamo9

7 minutes ago, Tomachek said:

Urban has nothing to do with Wake and Finch. Probably a good indicator that will see Simmons in limited action this weekend.

I’m thinking 50 percent snaps

42 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Simmons time. 

Hope they didn’t rush him back. 

I don’t think they would put him out there if he was at any more risk of injuring himself than any other player.

He may not yet be playing at the same level he was pre-injury, but he should still be better than Urban. 

55 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

I’m thinking 50 percent snaps

Urban was in on less than 20% of the snaps on D. Either way, Simmons can clearly do more than that. 

They added Roberson to the roster, not Simmons.  The needed a body with all of the OLB injuries.

This was basically the plan, which is why he was on the injury designation. He's right on schedule. Pretty amazing, though, since he just got injured 8 months ago. Modern medicine is amazing, especially when combined with youth.

Conditioning is likely an issue, but the guy's a monster. Let's get him some PT to get ready for next year, since apparently we are already done :)

Right now Casey & DQ are our only legit interior DL. Urban was meh but he wasn’t a liability or anything. So they obviously liked what they saw from Simmons this week. 

Our base is really a 2-4-5, so we can afford to go a little light at the position. But based on these moves Simmons will be the primary backup & very well may replace DQ on passing downs.

The team always errs on the conservative side when it comes to injuries so I’d guess that Simmons was pretty impressive in practice & left no doubt that he was not only healthy, but capable of at least contributing, maybe even making some impact plays.