Should Chiefs trade for Mariota article

freakingeek

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In an offense that has been built on huge plays from a QB that is amazing at seeing open guys down field extending the play?

Perfect offense for Mariota lol.  You jokers need to stop. 

When VY signed with the Eagles, @NashvilleNinja predicted this gem.      Reid's system is perfect for Mariota too!  

Posted Images

I was actually thinking about that this morning.  It would make some sense.  There would be two problems, however.  It's a lot of money to play a guy just to play, what, 4 weeks?  Also, he'd have to learn yet another system.  I think the Reid system is the ideal system for him.  But you won't learn it overnight.

1 minute ago, Soxcat said:

Moore might be better than Mariota anyway.

Mariota is the quintessential backup.  Seems like someone who makes you believe he can be the guy until he actually becomes the guy.  He just hold onto the ball and take sacks instead of tossing INTs left and right like other backups do with extensive PT.

11 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Mariota is the new Alex Smith ("meh" career and many OCs).  He might continue on that path and be useful with the right coach/system like Smith.

I've been calling him that. But with his pocket issues he's worse overall. A poor-man's Alex Smith is apt.