• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mariota/Lewis for Rosen/Drake.

Please be us!

After seeing Lewis catch that 3 yard pass Titans should have upped the offer

37 minutes ago, Former_Fan said:

I will be surprised if we don't bring Drake here. Lewis is an absolute non factor running the ball. Henry needs some help to get the running game going.

Problem with Drake is that he is on an expiring contract, I don't see JRob trading away draft capital for a guy who could be here for only 8 games, if the Dolphins were willing to do a player for player swap that would make more sense.

4 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Problem with Drake is that he is on an expiring contract, I don't see JRob trading away draft capital for a guy who could be here for only 8 games, if the Dolphins were willing to do a player for player swap that would make more sense.

I'm half expecting him to go to the Lions or Bucs with a contract extension. 

They’re asking for a 4th. I’d give them a 6th and Dion Lewis. 

Of the teams interested - one team has offered a 2020 7th that can become a 6th. Another has offered a late round pick in 2021. 

Edited by tgo

If Drake can improve the offense and they can get him under contract what's wrong with a 4th?

Let's be honest, we'd all be happy if whomever the Titans take in the 4th round turns out to be as impactful as Drake.  And I'm generally not someone who believes in giving up much value for a RB.  But a 4th rounder?  

The guy is 25, probably has 3 years of real solid production, maybe before, before the inevitable decline.  Of course if they use him like the Titans normally use backs it's 3 years max.  But that's another discussion.

Sometimes teams are way too hesitant to give away mid to late round picks.

Edited by scine09

To follow that up, I just took a look at the 2016 draft, where guys have had a full 3 years in this league.  How many of those players have been real impact players?  Really Dak Prescott is probably the only one.  Pharoh Cooper who's become a non-factor and Joe Schobert are the only ones aside from Prescott who have even made a pro bowl and there are no all pros.  And Blake Martinez is pretty solid.  Several of the guys aren't in the league anymore and you'd have to be a real die hard to have actually heard of most of the others.  Sure maybe 3 or 4 of them have become solid players aside from the ones I listed, but the chances of finding a real player of impact at that spot are so much lower than they'd be if you traded for a guy like Drake.

Edited by scine09

6 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

4th is a lot for a part time back who will be a FA

You have to agree to be able to sign him.  Obviously if it's for a rental, particularly on a team that looks like it'll be competing at best for a Wild Card spot, is steep.

And it's probably even worse for Detroit because the Lions are in an impossible division along with 3 other teams in the NFC West who are likely better than them and have better records than they do as well.

But again, it's not all about this year.  If you can sign him AND get production for this year, you solve maybe a pressing offseason issue relatively cheaply and don't have to compete with other teams for the player that you want.

Edited by scine09

21 minutes ago, scine09 said:

You have to agree to be able to sign him.  Obviously if it's for a rental, particularly on a team that looks like it'll be competing at best for a Wild Card spot, is steep.

And it's probably even worse for Detroit because the Lions are in an impossible division along with 3 other teams in the NFC West who are likely better than them and have better records than they do as well.

But again, it's not all about this year.  If you can sign him AND get production for this year, you solve maybe a pressing offseason issue relatively cheaply and don't have to compete with other teams for the player that you want.

I wouldnt give more than a 6th unless it involves an extension that pays around what Lewis makes or less. Then maybe a 5th. 

We dont have a 2020 4th anyway. 

Edited by tgo