Rishard Matthews on Mariota/Tannehill

TerryBoats

I don't understand why @scine09 is getting so upset.  He should be used to be on the wrong side of things by now.  Especially if it's anything QB related. 

Same for the other homer fan boys who are so obvious in hoping that Tannehill flops so they can have some hollow vindication about Mariota.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I couldn't care less about Mariota/Tannehill, whatever.  I want the Titans to win.  But what this is, to me at least, a bully mentality against this guy.  I think this goes deeper than just production

Add him to Demarco Murray and Eric Decker who thought has lack of fire was an issue.    I’m not sure any other NFL city would have fallen in love (that’s what it is for a lot of people) with Ma

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, oldschool said:

hey scarecrow, if you are going to talk shit at least get your facts straight. it was Snow becoming Lord Commander of the Night's watch that was spoiled.

Also, the scarecrow here isn't good at mathing. Can you tell me which number is higher?

99.92 or 99.62?

Just now, JakePA_Titan said:

Being that I have been in agreement them those same ppl for quite sometime, I feel confident in what I'm about to say. 

We've felt like he's held this team back for 2-3 years. Even in the KC playoff game. Ppl love showing his swatted pass that fell miraculously into his lap for basically an easy TD. It was lucky af and he was the main reason we needed to be so lucky in order to win. But ppl look at that play and game as if it proves how great he is. It was fools gold. 

So no, I don't find the joy and relief of his benching to be odd. 

I'm not even getting into the Chiefs game with you because you're dead wrong.  He was terrific almost the entire game in fact one of his 4 bad passes was that one.  It was probably his 2nd worst play of the entire game, behind the bad miss to Davis right before the go ahead TD.  And if you want to read about the argument go to some of my older posts, I basically outlined the entire game in them and what he did.  He was without a doubt the biggest reason they won that game.

As far as joy and relief, it's one thing to do that, it's another thing to just trash the guy every chance you get (I'm not saying you).  It's, quite frankly, pathetic and sad.  it would be one thing if he did what Young did and quit on the team.  But he didn't.  He's been a standup guy and hard worker throughout his career.

2 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

We only ran 26 plays in the first half. 155 total yards of offense. He only had 4 bad passes? 

Correct.  I challenge you to watch the game and tell me differently.

The first two passes of the game were terrible.  The TD that he caught was terrible.  And the miss to Davis right before the go ahead TD was terrible.  Other than that?  He was terrific.

Is it possible I'm forgetting one?  Maybe.  But if I'm forgetting any it's very few.

Edited by scine09

16 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I couldn't care less about Mariota/Tannehill, whatever.  I want the Titans to win.  But what this is, to me at least, a bully mentality against this guy.  I think this goes deeper than just production or lackthereof on the field.  You guys like picking on him because he's a quiet guy, an easy target, and for whatever reason it makes you feel better about yourselves.

And in his time with the Titans he's done nothing but be a class guy and a hard worker.

Again - neither Oman or I made those comments, Matthews did.  As did Decker.  And Murray.

Also, his personality and introverted personality were brought up pre-draft (along with the concerns he had on field).  Fair or not, QB is a leadership position, especially in the NFL.  Who leads the offense?  The spokesmen are Walker and Lewan because he doesn't. 

None of this would be major issues if MM could have played the position at a high level in this league.  He can't.  Everyone on here wanted him to be the franchise QB and we are are guilty of ignoring the flaws and warning signs before the wheels fell off.  Of course, the highs are consistently exaggerated into ridiculous levels and the KC game is certainly one of them - he played really well in the 2nd half aside from the lucky TD pass/catch but so did the defense and Henry.  Plus KC missed an easy FG and had a killer non-call on a sack/fumble.  The Titans had pretty much everything go in their favor in a one point win.  It was a great day but that's it. 

And you crying about people piling on poor little Marcus constantly only keeps it going.  Why do YOU care so much?

1 minute ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Ditto?

Why do ppl hate Steelers and Cowboys fans so much? They're fucking annoying. 

We're great! We're winning the SB! Uhmm no, you're not.

Mariota is great! Its everyone else's fault. Uhmm no, it's not. 

And very few people ever said that.  Marcus Mariota is ultimately responsible for his play.  Do I think there were outside factors out of his control that led to this.  Yes.  But ultimately it falls on him.

Just now, scine09 said:

And very few people ever said that.  Marcus Mariota is ultimately responsible for his play.  Do I think there were outside factors out of his control that led to this.  Yes.  But ultimately it falls on him.

You consistently said he was playing fine and it wasn't his fault only until recently when it was obvious he was on his last chance.