Elijah Cummings dead

OILERMAN

4 minutes ago, NFLStudent said:

I'm just trying to figure out what he destroyed. 

What I love about these quotes is the removal of phrases like "I think" or "I believe" that indicates your opinion. But when you say "All Cummings has done is tear down anything good about this country," that sounds like a statement of fact, which would indicate you have proof that he's torn something good about the country down. 

These "people" won't bring in facts, they'll tell you to look for them yourself, it's easy!  The Qremlin gives them talking points, no substance.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wrong. A lot of us make those jokes. Wait til you die. It’s gonna be a fucking party. 

21 minutes ago, MadMax said:

These "people" won't bring in facts, they'll tell you to look for them yourself, it's easy!  The Qremlin gives them talking points, no substance.

That's fine. But I'm going to continue to challenge these opinions masked as facts. 

If we as a country re-elect this bunch currently in the White House we as a country deserve whatever happens after that.

1 hour ago, Little Earl said:

Well he certainly did not build anything up.  His district was one of the worst shit holes in the country.   He should have been replaced long time ago.

Parts of Kentucky and Alabama still don't have the basic foundations for plumbing. That's not an opinion. That's a fact. Should Sen. Mitch McConnell and Sen. Richard Shelby be replaced as well?

1 minute ago, NFLStudent said:

Parts of Kentucky and Alabama still don't have the basic foundations for plumbing. That's not an opinion. That's a fact. Should Sen. Mitch McConnell and Sen. Richard Shelby be replaced as well?

Yes, but because Mitch is a traitor  

1 hour ago, NFLStudent said:

I would rather live in those conditions than that crap in Baltimore under Cummings.  And in response to your stupid question, the total number of people affected in

Kentucky and Texas are fall smaller than those in Baltimore, and a far smaller % of the overall makeup of their constituents.

7 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

I would rather live in those conditions than that crap in Baltimore under Cummings.  And in response to your stupid question, the total number of people affected in

Kentucky and Texas are fall smaller than those in Baltimore, and a far smaller % of the overall makeup of their constituents.

In other words, as usual, you have nothing. Got it.

Just now, Titansgoodluck said:

I have best friends from Eastern KY and know people who just left. Outside of the economics, the culture there is cancer.

Beautiful land and mountains and hills but also cons.

Not everybody in Baltimore lives in crime ridden areas and some live very nice lifestyles.

Regardless, why it’s a competition is beyond me. Communities need help. That should be the only concern

Because people like Little Earl have no solutions to problems. Just whatabouts or anything to not address an issue.

51 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

4 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

I have driven all over the states of Alabama and Kentucky and never felt as unsafe as I would feel in Baltimore. Did not see garbage lying all over the place either. 

This is another problem with the Trump lot. They believe he’s a super hero defending the world from the immigrants and the Illuminati. This world view leads to them thinking a huge city that has a crime problem can be laid at the feet of a single individual. 

Guys, it doesn’t work like that. All big cities have more crime than small cities. A lot of those big cities have been packed with poor people, who surprise are more likely to commit crime. Rich people don’t often live in the middle of big cities. They live in mansions on the outskirts. I’m not sure why I should have to explain this.

Elijah Cummings didn’t make Baltimore into a high crime area. Do you all actually not understand this?  

32 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

This is another problem with the Trump lot. They believe he’s a super hero defending the world from the immigrants and the Illuminati. This world view leads to them thinking a huge city that has a crime problem can be laid at the feet of a single individual. 

Guys, it doesn’t work like that. All big cities have more crime than small cities. A lot of those big cities have been packed with poor people, who surprise are more likely to commit crime. Rich people don’t often live in the middle of big cities. They live in mansions on the outskirts. I’m not sure why I should have to explain this.

Elijah Cummings didn’t make Baltimore into a high crime area. Do you all actually not understand this?  

Also there's a systemic history with many of these cities that's convenient for many to forget about and potentially even engage in victim blaming

In the United States and Canada, redlining is the systematic denial of various services to residents of specific, often racially associated, neighborhoods or communities, either directly or through the selective raising of prices.[2][3] While the best known examples of redlining have involved denial of financial services such as banking or insurance,[4] other services such as health care (see also Race and health) or even supermarkets[5]have been denied to residents. In the case of retail businesses like supermarkets, purposely locating stores impractically far away from targeted residents results in a redlining effect.[6] Reverse redlining occurs when a lender or insurer targets particular neighborhoods that are predominantly nonwhite, not to deny residents loans or insurance, but rather to charge them more than in a non-redlined neighborhood where there is more competition.[7][8]

In the 1960s, sociologist John McKnight coined the term "redlining" to describe the discriminatory practice of fencing off areas where banks would avoid investments based on community demographics.[9] During the heyday of redlining, the areas most frequently discriminated against were black inner city neighborhoods. For example, in Atlanta in the 1980s, a Pulitzer Prize-winning series of articles by investigative reporter Bill Dedman showed that banks would often lend to lower-income whites but not to middle-income or upper-income blacks.[10] The use of blacklists is a related mechanism also used by redliners to keep track of groups, areas, and people that the discriminating party feels should be denied business or aid or other transactions. In the academic literature, redlining falls under the broader category of credit rationing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redlining

Edited by begooode

55 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

I didn't ask which one was better or worse, I was asking if the people who represent them in Congress should be held responsible for the condition they are in.

But none of that really matters anyway because I believe you are confused about what a U.S. Congressman does.

Elijah Cummings is no more responsible for the rats in Baltimore, than Jim Cooper is responsible for the explosive growth in Nashville. 

All of these places have Mayors, City Council, state legislators and Governors that could do more to change their condition in a week, then their U.S. House member could do in 10 years. 

Outside of trying to award government contracts to businesses in their district and the occasional bridge or repaving, what is it that you and the President believe that a U.S. House member is suppose to do to spur huge economic change in a city? 

14 minutes ago, NFLStudent said:

I didn't ask which one was better or worse, I was asking if the people who represent them in Congress should be held responsible for the condition they are in.

But none of that really matters anyway because I believe you are confused about what a U.S. Congressman does.

Elijah Cummings is no more responsible for the rats in Baltimore, than Jim Cooper is responsible for the explosive growth in Nashville. 

All of these places have Mayors, City Council, state legislators and Governors that could do more to change their condition in a week, then their U.S. House member could do in 10 years. 

Outside of trying to award government contracts to businesses in their district and the occasional bridge or repaving, what is it that you and the President believe that a U.S. House member is suppose to do to spur huge economic change in a city? 

I thought politician were elected to make things better.   Cummings did not make things better for a large part of his constituency.   He had power to significantly influence Mayors, City Council, state legislators and Governors, but obviously didn't.

42 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

I thought politician were elected to make things better.   Cummings did not make things better for a large part of his constituency.   He had power to significantly influence Mayors, City Council, state legislators and Governors, but obviously didn't.

Oh really? What kind of influence did he have?

Draw the line.

Did Rep. Cummings hire the School Superintendents, the Police Chiefs, the Fire Chiefs over the last 23 years? Did he confirm the D.A. or write the building codes? Did he open and close hospitals? Did he set the budget for any of those departments? Is there any House members anywhere who does those things? 

1 hour ago, Little Earl said:

1 hour ago, ben4titans said:

Cummings made things better for Cummings.

Is that right? I’m not defending the guy. I know he ended up under investigation. Seems you guys are doing what you always do and casting aspersions.