Sign in to follow this  
Rolltide

96 yards of daylight in 113 carries..

Derrick Henry has had just 96 yards rushing before contact in 113 carries. .84 of a yard of daylight per carry. That is insane it is so bad, no back has it that bad. Look how many backs have double that or even over 2 yards before contact. This O-line needs to get off their dead asses and start blocking or our offense will never be successful! 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/rushing_advanced.htm

I'm not putting the blame as much on the O-Line as I am with the playcalling.  When you have 9 guys in the box throw the damn ball.  5 linemen cannot block 9 guys, even if the TE or two are helping.

And Mike Vrabel told us when he was hired that they wouldn't be running into loaded fronts.

Edited by scine09

Just now, scine09 said:

I'm not putting the blame as much on the O-Line as I am with the playcalling.  When you have 9 guys ion the box throw the damn ball.  5 linemen cannot block 9 guys, even if the TE or two are helping.

And Mike Vrabel told us when he was hired that they wouldn't be running into loaded fronts.

Hard to do when the QB won't consistently pull the trigger or throw it accurately when he does.

26 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

Derrick Henry has had just 96 yards rushing before contact in 113 carries. .84 of a yard of daylight per carry. That is insane it is so bad, no back has it that bad. Look how many backs have double that or even over 2 yards before contact. This O-line needs to get off their dead asses and start blocking or our offense will never be successful! 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/rushing_advanced.htm

Wouldn't be a big deal if he was starting at center lol

16 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Not at all but if you don't think the QB issues didn't affect the personnel groupings and play calling, then you are actually dumber than I thought you were.

No team should ever be running into 9 man fronts except for on very short yardage or when they're trying to run out the clock.  I don't care if the QB is Matt Mauck.  That to me is an Arthur Smith/Mike Vrabel issue and not a QB issue.

How do you know MM was following the protocols regarding pre-snap looks and audibles?  Mariota was not prohibited from calling audibles and is a 5th year player.  If I recall, he called one on the 99 yard Henry play and was praised profusely for it.

Aside from that, it's crystal clear that they were deathly afraid of Mariota passing it and rightfully so.

1 hour ago, scine09 said:

You're flat out obsessed with the guy.  Admit it.

He's in love!

1 hour ago, scine09 said:

No team should ever be running into 9 man fronts except for on very short yardage or when they're trying to run out the clock.  I don't care if the QB is Matt Mauck.  That to me is an Arthur Smith/Mike Vrabel issue and not a QB issue.

He threw shade at Mularkey during his introductory PC for running into stacked boxes.  I'm thinking it's a QB issue.