• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Live look-in at Corey Davis.   

I feel bad now that it happened.  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, big2033 said:

It's incredible to me people on Twitter want Vrabel fired for benching Mariota like this was Eli Manning or some shit ... 

Tennessee is a weird fanbase. It's like people praising their local high school QB who became a washout. "If only he had the right coaching!"

We are only as smart as our media.  I imagine most fans spend less than an hour listening/reading anything outside local media.  Plus, UT has a lot of the hardcore fans.  The people with the PSLs are hustling to make the money to go to the games.  They do not spend a fraction of the time we spend following the team.  Most probably can't name five players and their position on the team.

Just now, big2033 said:

That's fine. But also realize if a QB is known to have major issues in the pocket taking sacks ... and known to have trouble throwing outside the hashmarks ... there's going to be a problem evaluating anything.

QB trumps all. 

Yeah, your right. How naive of me to expect our 44 million guard not to be fooled by stunts and driven into the backfield on nearly every pass attempt. 

3 minutes ago, Tomachek said:

Yeah, your right. How naive of me to expect our 44 million guard not to be fooled by stunts and driven into the backfield on nearly every pass attempt. 

It's foolish of you to not wonder how a guard could go from Super Bowl caliber to a dud after ending up with a QB who has struggled taking sacks his whole career.

It's like people going to a hotel ending up murdered ... and not questioning the one staff member that runs it.

Edited by big2033

Look, Sundays performance was about as bad as it gets for an NFL QB.  I've been clear from the beginning that MM deserved a chance given the circumstances, but it's week 6 and we've seen enough.  Sure the oline deserves blame, and there have been screwups all around but it's the final year and MM ran out of time and excuses to produce.

I don't know much about Tanny and view him as JAG.  Maybe he'll surprise us, but likely he won't.  The bigger question is how do we position ourselves to draft the QB of the future?  It sucks thinking about this during week 6 of the season....depressing.

Were people shocked by this announce? I was surprised there were so many people were predicting they would go back to Mariota. Pretty obvious once he got the hook. Can’t go back to someone after that performance. 

Edited by japan

1 minute ago, Titans279 said:

twitter is really mad about it

For the fanbase's sake ... I hope our next QB is the the QBoF ... because it's sad that a franchise's QB situation could be so bad that less-bad ones get defended like Peyton Manning.

Tennessee needs a modern QB to judge others from.

Edited by big2033

1 minute ago, big2033 said:

It's foolish of you to not wonder how a guard could go from Super Bowl caliber to a dud after ending up with a QB who has struggled taking sacks his whole career.

It's like people going to a hotel ending up murdered ... and not questioning the one staff member that runs it.

Do you even watch NFL games. This is my problem with you. You think it's acceptable for an offensive lineman to consistently get manhandled into the back field and to routinely miss blocking assignments. 

Your whole defense is the only offensive player to blame for any bad play is the Quarterback. Your already setting yourself up for the rest of the season defense, by stating Tannehill sucks now before he gets the full-time duty.