• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Live look-in at Corey Davis.   

I feel bad now that it happened.  

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, SaskTitan said:

You’re a moron if you think we are making the playoffs or anything remotely close. I see 4-12 or 5-11 and a top 10 pick. Take a qb and move on. 

Man if we could land a capable QB in the draft...... I fuckin love this roster outside of the QB position. 

Yes but he threw it to Deon Lewis who gets tackled by the wind. The worst part was how Mariota telegraphed the play immediately. Even the announcers pointed it out, "thats not how you execute that play". He also was blamed for a predictable snap count which is why the defense was in the backfield as the ball was hiked. MM8 couldn't do the very basic things required of a QB. He was about the stupidest QB I've ever seen and never should have be put in the position of QB.  Even if we suck the rest of the year, it'll be better than watching that clown fail every time we get the ball. If I see one pass thrown on a rope that hits a receiver in the hands in stride its a WIN. That's how bad MM8 has made this fan base. We just want basic forward passes at this point because for 5 years we've missed seeing it. LOB city is over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, VaTitan said:

We had totally different views and I don't feel bad 1 bit.  MM gets to do nothing and still make his $21M

I hope to God Tanny makes a difference....it's gonna be bad if he fails.

We have to be able to evaluate the offense.  By we I mean Jrob and AAS.  

There was no way to do that with Marcus playing as inconsistently and poorly as he was.  

We'll be able to make some conclusions of we start seeing a different offensive strategy.  If we see a different type of offense develop over the next few weeks, we can conclude they were hampered by Marcus's weeknesses.  If we see the same offense, we can conclude this is the system the coaches wanted and RT's success or failure will likely determine how hot coaches seats are. 

3 minutes ago, razor247 said:

Yes but he threw it to Deon Lewis who gets tackled by the wind. The worst part was how Mariota telegraphed the play immediately. Even the announcers pointed it out, "thats not how you execute that play".

Guess I now know why we suck at screen passes.  Every time some other team runs it and gets yards, I'm like why the fuck do we have such difficulty on such a basic play?

Edited by rns90

Rotoworld:

It was only a matter of time before the Titans coaching staff was going to get tired of punting and making the change with a home game this week was perfect timing. Mariota has shown few signs of upside in the 61 games as the Titans' starter, and he's made the offense completely unwatchable for the last two-plus seasons. The 2015 second overall pick doesn't have a single 3,500-yard season and owns a career 7.2 adjusted yards per attempt average despite only attempting 28.5 passes per game.

1 minute ago, 9 Nines said:

Rotoworld:

It was only a matter of time before the Titans coaching staff was going to get tired of punting and making the change with a home game this week was perfect timing. Mariota has shown few signs of upside in the 61 games as the Titans' starter, and he's made the offense completely unwatchable for the last two-plus seasons. The 2015 second overall pick doesn't have a single 3,500-yard season and owns a career 7.2 adjusted yards per attempt average despite only attempting 28.5 passes per game.

ROTOWORLD GETS IT.

4 minutes ago, Supdawg said:

This had to be done if for only one thing. They have to evaluate Arthur Smith. And removing Marcus as a variable is the only way that we can determine whether Arthur Smith is a bust as an offensive coordinator. If his play calling does not get remarkably better with a legitimate passer than I think they need to cut Smith loose. 

I agree but you also have to remember this is his first year as a coordinator.  Do we not remember how horrible Jim Schwartz was as a DC his first few years on the job.