Jump to content

Get to Know the 2020 QB Prospects


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Face said:

 

Mariota being terrible & running into some sacks doesn’t excuse this OL He’s never taken a high % of sacks, even last year outside of the Raven game he didn’t take that many. He definitely had a more deer in the headlights look this year but this OL has been atrocious.  

 

The RG spot is very important. It may be the 2nd most important spot on the line because most formations don’t give it any help, the center almost always helps the LG. Jamil Douglas was horrifying & now Nate Davis is worse. Tanny got sacked 4 times in 16 passes & at least one of them Davis was a turnstile. From what I’ve seen there’s no way they can put him back out there again. They HAVE to play Kelly. Davis is literally killing the line.

 

I think if they make this 2nd change the offense will open up. But the pass protection was absolutely not all on Marcus, he was bad but not the scapegoat for everything.

 

Davis has had 2 really bad games and I think he should be benched for a healthy Pamphile. He simply doesn't have the strength and technique to handle NFL defensive lines at this point. That being said one guy struggling doesn't make the entire OL bad which has been a common narrative this year. If you look at the metrics other than sacks the OL has been average at worst. I think the OL will look way better with Tannehill as the offense won't be in 3rd and long all game. Of course the flip side is that he takes sacks too so fans will likely still harp on it as an issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Regardless of how RT plays the rest of the season you have to take a QB in the draft. The Titans may be out of the Tua (good) and Burrow (bad) sweepstakes but they will be picking in the 10-15 range.

I want a true prototype QB this time around. No more running QBs. 

Has to be concerns with Eason and Herbert when questions are around about their mental makeup, Eason with his decision making on and off the field, Herbert with his mental toughness.   If Tu

Posted Images

2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

 

Mariota had one of the highest sack rates last year too. 

 

He didn't take sacks under Mularkey because Mularkey max protected and ran more 2 man routes. 

 

And the OL, while not great is absolutely getting too much blame. It's been said by many experts, sacks are on the QB more than the OL in most cases. 

 

The problem is Tannehill also takes too many sacks and has a slower delivery

Their career sack percentage is pretty close.  Tannehill is slightly better with 7.9 vs 8.1%.  The difference to me is, Tannehill has the arm to overcome that.  Mariota doesn't.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

 

Mariota had one of the highest sack rates last year too. 

 

He didn't take sacks under Mularkey because Mularkey max protected and ran more 2 man routes. 

 

And the OL, while not great is absolutely getting too much blame. It's been said by many experts, sacks are on the QB more than the OL in most cases. 

 

The problem is Tannehill also takes too many sacks and has a slower delivery

This is exactly why teams figured him out so easily in Mularkey’s second year. They just stopped biting on play action. Once they did that all they had to worry about were two wideouts and Mariota couldn’t hit them and Mularkey didn’t trust him to spread it out and deal with blitzers. 
 

edit: this also coincided with Demarco Murray’s production falling off a cliff and more Derrick Henry playing time.

Edited by Thrill
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oldschool said:

 

Davis has had 2 really bad games and I think he should be benched for a healthy Pamphile. He simply doesn't have the strength and technique to handle NFL defensive lines at this point. That being said one guy struggling doesn't make the entire OL bad which has been a common narrative this year. If you look at the metrics other than sacks the OL has been average at worst. I think the OL will look way better with Tannehill as the offense won't be in 3rd and long all game. Of course the flip side is that he takes sacks too so fans will likely still harp on it as an issue.

Actually spoke with Pamphile yesterday. I told him the same thing and discussed the QB situation a bit. His response ‘man, all I can do is block when they put me in and block for whoever is behind me’. Good guy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2019 at 7:41 PM, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Dane Brugler discusses the QB prospects in his latest podcast, mentions there simply isn't a consensus number 1 QB this year, Brugler said different teams consider Tua/Herbert/Burrow/Love as the top QB in this draft.

 

 

God Bless you Aussie. I was bummed when Dane left The Draft Show. Had no idea he had a show with The Athletic

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TeamRamrod said:

God Bless you Aussie. I was bummed when Dane left The Draft Show. Had no idea he had a show with The Athletic

 

Big fan of Brugler's work, certainly a shame he left The Draft Show, he is one of the more credible media draft analysts, many of the NFL teams actually request his yearly Draft Guide, he has also knocked back several jobs within NFL Franchises.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...