What reaction do you get when you tell people you are a Titans fan?

VaTitan

I live in an area where you never see other Titans fans.  I suspect this is the case for everyone outside of Nashville.

I'd describe the most common reaction as 'sympathy'.  After trying to figure out why I'm a fan, they try to make it less awkward by bringing up when we were good, with McNair, Eddie, etc...  Thats when I cut them off and acknowledge our mediocrity by pointing to Brett Kern as our best skill player. 

We both get a laugh and move on to less awkward stuff.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Imagine the horror of taking the kids to the zoo and having a tard in a dog suit tell you he’s a Jags fan. 

I live in an area where you never see other Titans fans.  I suspect this is the case for everyone outside of Nashville.   I'd describe the most common reaction as 'sympathy'.  After trying t

You'd need a psychologist to explain why we get upset when a bunch of grown men who we don't know, will likely never know, don't care at all about us and make way more money than we do who happen to w

16 minutes ago, scine09 said:

When people ask who I'm a fan of I always say it's a team you wouldn't expect.  Then I say it and people ask if I'm from Tennessee.  I say no but I liked the Oilers before they moved and that seems to explain it to most people.

This exactly for me as well. 

I think the Titans would have been more popular nationally had they kept the name and the uniforms.

Instead of "Tennessee Titans" I think "Nashville Oilers" with the Houston uniforms, even if Nashville and Oilers don't really go together, would have made them more popular nationally.  Because people loved the uniforms and they were a fairly popular team when they were in Houston.  

Indifference, no one gives a fuck about the Titans since they have been shit for so long... No one cares about a great year every decade

As long as people still know I'm a Packer fan too, no one gives a damn about anyone associated with the Titans

Almost no reaction. I live in panama city fl and I only know 2 guyswho evem watch the nfl. One is a bucs fan and we both dont give a shit for each others team other than knowing our qbs suck. And my bosses wife is a saints fan but she has no real football knowledge.

27 minutes ago, scine09 said:

When people ask who I'm a fan of I always say it's a team you wouldn't expect.  Then I say it and people ask if I'm from Tennessee.  I say no but I liked the Oilers before they moved and that seems to explain it to most people.

The sad thing is I see the light come on less and less when I say I'm from Houston and loved the Oilers... Its been 24 years since they moved so it makes sense.

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

The sad thing is I see the light come on less and less when I say I'm from Houston and loved the Oilers... Its been 24 years since they moved so it makes sense.

Here's a question for you.  What would you do if the Titans agreed to sell the Oilers rights back to Houston and the Texans became the Oilers, with the uniforms and everything?

DeShaun Watson annoys me for some reason.  Probably because he's the QB of the Texans and he's good.  But he showed up one day wearing a Warren Moon shirt and he instantly became less annoying.

37 minutes ago, scine09 said:

This too...  Its like no one can imagine how you would be a Titans fan if you dont live in Nashville.