How Hot Should Mike Vrabel's Seat Be?

Jonboy

He lost me over the past few weeks. 7 points in ten quarters is inexcusable. His decisions in the Falcons and Bills games were unacceptable. And when I read that line about sacrificing his family I was pretty much done. Sounded like Mularkey in his last presser: a little bitch. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most around here know I wasn't huge fan of the Vrabel hire. I thought he was terribly unqualified and very limited in his experience. He was a defensive-minded coach who only had 1 year as a DC. His d

I despised his attitude. The NFL is unfair, unforgiving and will knock the cockiness out of the toughest men. For an example see him crying like a little bitch about going to work and missing his fami

Vrabel himself as a coach aside, I also hate the idea of a defensive head coach more everyday. You absolutely have to find a top-tier OC, and once you do...he'll be gone for a HC gig almost immediatel

I think the bigger question is how hot should Robinson's seat be.  He's the one who decided he needed a new coach whose only qualification was that he had a link the New England.  He said they weren't maximizing talent, and yet after two years of adding talent through the draft and FA, they're now on the verge of imploding with the thought of 9-7 and a playoff victory being far out of reach.

2 minutes ago, Jas said:

I think the bigger question is how hot should Robinson's seat be.  He's the one who decided he needed a new coach whose only qualification was that he had a link the New England.  He said they weren't maximizing talent, and yet after two years of adding talent through the draft and FA, they're now on the verge of imploding with the thought of 9-7 and a playoff victory being far out of reach.

Lots of people owe Mularkey an apology 

7 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

He lost me over the past few weeks. 7 points in ten quarters is inexcusable. His decisions in the Falcons and Bills games were unacceptable. And when I read that line about sacrificing his family I was pretty much done. Sounded like Mularkey in his last presser: a little bitch. 

He will get you back in due time. No offense, but it seems your opinions are pretty fickle. 

13 minutes ago, japan said:

ha ha.  You were once too!

Don't even try to hitch your wagon to me in that regard. 

As I've also said, I was the most fair and reasonable person when it came to judging Mariota. 

I said he'd lose his job to Tannehill in week 5, so accurate it's scary sometimes

2 minutes ago, Jas said:

Looking at our schedule it’s possible we only have 1 game left that we should even feel confident going into, being Tampa Bay.  It’s the NFL and upsets happen a lot but we have LA, TB, Carolina, KC, Jax, Indy, Oakland, Houston x2, and NO.  You could argue the Saints, Panthers, and Raiders and maybe even the Jags, but on paper who would you put money on to win those games?   It’s slim odds to only pick up one or two more wins, but I don’t like our chances of even getting to 6 wins this season.  

10 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

He will get you back in due time. No offense, but it seems your opinions are pretty fickle. 

How do you figure? I was done with Mariota as of week 17 last year. I’ve said I still believe in Robinson and that the talent is there if we figure out the QB situation. Vrabel is now teetering, as the team is regressing under him, and he’s made two mind boggling bad calls in the past 3 weeks...like historically bad. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

How do you figure? I was done with Mariota as of week 17 last week. I’ve said I still believe in Robinson and that the talent is there if we figure out the QB situation. Vrabel is now teetering, as the team is regressing under him, and he’s made two mind boggling bad calls in the past 3 weeks...like historically bad. 

It just seems you hop on and off trains relatively often. 

4 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Don't even try to hitch your wagon to me in that regard. 

As I've also said, I was the most fair and reasonable person when it came to judging Mariota. 

I said he'd lose his job to Tannehill in week 5, so accurate it's scary sometimes

But you were on the Mariota wagon when he played well in 2016.  You were definitely the most right about him, but don't act like he didn't have you fooled for a short time.

3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

How do you figure? I was done with Mariota as of week 17 last week. I’ve said I still believe in Robinson and that the talent is there if we figure out the QB situation. Vrabel is now teetering, as the team is regressing under him, and he’s made two mind boggling bad calls in the past 3 weeks...like historically bad. 

You def were wishy washy, giving him way too much credit for wins last year and saying they could still win it all with him just a few weeks ago. 

Not to mention you being the most vocal(aside from the self banned Jamal) about him needing to play from some Mahomes type spread, which is completely false. 

12 minutes ago, Jas said:

Seems obvious now Jrob used Mariota's development to oust Mularkey. I don't care how they got there, getting rid of Mularkey was 100% the right decision. 

4 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

It just seems you hop on and off trains relatively often. 

That’s interesting since I’ve been on the same one since last year week 17 like I said above. 

The only thing thats that’s changed is Vrabel looks incompetent and he reminded me of Mularkey with his family statements. That isn’t hopping off the train. That’s saying exactly what happened and it was a bad look from a HC

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

Sacking Mularkey was a good decision. Replacing him with Vrabel was not.

Vrabel probably gets another season, but Robinson might go down with him if next year is a disaster as well.

If I am the Titans ownership, I start advocating for a tank. Get a good young QB on a small contract, and then use FA/draft to try again to shore up the OL.