Jonboy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most around here know I wasn't huge fan of the Vrabel hire. I thought he was terribly unqualified and very limited in his experience. He was a defensive-minded coach who only had 1 year as a DC. His d

I despised his attitude. The NFL is unfair, unforgiving and will knock the cockiness out of the toughest men. For an example see him crying like a little bitch about going to work and missing his fami

Vrabel himself as a coach aside, I also hate the idea of a defensive head coach more everyday. You absolutely have to find a top-tier OC, and once you do...he'll be gone for a HC gig almost immediatel

4 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Not what I asked.

I said in another thread that at a minimum he gets a 3rd season.  If I had to bet, he also gets a year 4 considering they will be drafting a QB this offseason.

Just now, scine09 said:

I still think he's an upper tier coach in this league.  

He def doesn't deserve these accolades. The two meathead decisions the previous weeks are Hugh Jackson/Jim Caldwell level. 

Just now, japan said:

I said in another thread that at a minimum he gets a 3rd season.  

considering he's in year two that's at least pretty warm, the team has no QB going into next year and a shit ton of free agents. 

Just now, OILERMAN said:

considering he's in year two that's at least pretty warm, the team has no QB going into next year and a shit ton of free agents. 

I said that I believe he gets a year 4.  I put the part about getting a year 3 for the nuts saying he may lose his job this season.

Just now, OILERMAN said:

That's kinda what I'm getting at here. I wonder if Robinson may just decide it's easier to wipe the slate clean and have a fresh start with a new HC who gets to pick his QB?

I don't think he's on the hot seat at all at this point. 

I do think you can attribute a couple losses over the last two years directly to his decisions though, so he absolutely must improve on gameday management. 

Edited by tgo

3 minutes ago, japan said:

I said in another thread that at a minimum he gets a 3rd season.  If I had to bet, he also gets a year 4 considering they will be drafting a QB this offseason.

Actually the fact they have to go Qb this offseason could accelerate his firing. 

Just now, tgo said:

I don't think he's on the hot seat at all at this point. 

What if they go 4-12? The schedule is brutal. They only play 3 teams with losing records the rest of the season: Jags, Bucs, and Chargers.