AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It really sucks that the reality is after week 6 this season is done, there is absolutely no way this team wins 8 out of the last 10 games to even entertain the possibility of the playoffs and with ou

Add Delanie to the list, if I was JRob I would offer to eat some of his salary if it meant getting a slightly better pick back.   To be totally honest i'm not sure JRob or AAS has the stones

The worst thing to me is I had a high opinion of Robinson and Vrabel early on and they've really made me question if they are even competent now. Mariota def sucks but there is more going on than just

50 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

First of all "Welcome aboard"

2nd of all, all I said is I was pleased with both Vrabel and Robinson and now their competency is in question. I'm not calling for them to get fired, I'm just saying it's not a slam dunk they are the answers. 

Lol. I’ve been aboard for a while now because my allegiance is to the team, not a player. I had hoped he would improve and find what made him great again and he never did. Oh well. I won’t claim to be some expert on the matter. 

Maybe I was a little extreme. I think Vrabel’s competency is more in question than JRob - because the talent is there. It just needs to be better utilized. 

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

The worst thing to me is I had a high opinion of Robinson and Vrabel early on and they've really made me question if they are even competent now. Mariota def sucks but there is more going on than just that. 

Vrabel looks like a meathead and Robinson's team building skills are up for debate. 

I don't know.  Davis, Humphries and Jonnu should (and did) look like completely different players with Tannehill.  Evans had a hell of a game.  The line may look different now that teams may be less inclined to load the box now that we have a guy who can make intermediate throws. 

11 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Lol. I’ve been aboard for a while now because my allegiance is to the team, not a player. I had hoped he would improve and find what made him great again and he never did. Oh well. I won’t claim to be some expert on the matter.  

You were too wishy washy to proclaim on board until now.

Remember when you posted you hoped MM would bust out so you could laugh in our/my faces? Consider yourself another unsatisfied dissenter! 

You also wanted me to go the route of Matt Neely a few years back!

5 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

You were too wishy washy to proclaim on board until now.

Remember when you posted you hoped MM would bust out so you could laugh in our/my faces? Consider yourself another unsatisfied dissenter! 

You also wanted me to go the route of Matt Neely a few years back!

Not wishy-washy; I just don’t particularly like to plant my flag in a place until I’m certain. I don’t give a fuck about being ahead of the curve. I also probably care less about being right than a lot of others on here. 

of course I had hoped he would. That was the best thing for the franchise at the time. Fuck him for wasting my time. 

I mean, there is STILL time for you to go the Neely route. It’s been a few years, though. I have no idea how long. 

6 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I mean, there is STILL time for you to go the Neely route. It’s been a few years, though. I have no idea how long. 

I'll give you a hint, you'll be waiting as long as Matt Neely did!

17 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

We aren't a "rebuilding" team.  We are a pretty decent team that needs a QB.  #1 you don't screw with the defense at all unless you are brain dead.  #2, you focus on fixing the holes and not creating more of them.  For example if we dump Conklin, who has not played all that badly (2nd rated OL guy behind Jones), do you really think the pick for him will be able to fill that spot better?  Do you really want Von Miller lining up against someone who might not be as good?  Not to mention Davis has sucked so remove the solid guy next to him?  Make sure the right side of the OL really super sucks?

The meathead move was letting Spain walk when he is super cheap and would have been way better at RG than what we have now.  Probably as good or better than the "stud" we payed a ton of money to at LG.  

Now obviously if someone offers a 1st round pick for Delaney Walker you take it.  We aren't going to be able to trade anyone for that kind of haul.  Butler is worth more to us than what someone will give us so why trade him.  Just because we might go with a new, young QB doesn't mean we trash the entire team.  In fact we should put the very best talent around that guy like the Steelers had when they drafted Ben.  Picks past the 2nd round have virtually no value if you are wanting to move up to get a QB.  A guy like Henry is more valuable to us with a young QB.  Delaney, with what he has left as well.  It is ass backwards thinking to start a dumpster fire.  

I get what you're saying. The reason i'd trade Conklin is I doubt he's back next year anyway. He will probably get a very good contract that the Titans aren't willing to match. It's so hard to win with a rookie QB that I doubt the Titans will be good enough to make the playoffs unless they have a bridge starter. I don't want them to blow anything up, it's just those guys I'd at least listen to offers for

2 hours ago, scine09 said:

So one of two things happens.  Either Tannehill lights it up, they start winning and they determine that they really can win with Tannehill and make him the starter at least for next year and try to build around him.  Or Tannehill doesn't, they continue to lose, and they draft early.

But this is not a team with a lot of holes.  

If tannehill lights it up he ain't signing a one year deal so that shoots down one of the two things that could happen.

Tannehill will be playing for a multi year deal I would assume...not a stop gap QB.

But regardless I don't think you worry about that stuff till the off-season rolls around

Right now I think you start tannehill and see what he can do.

5 hours ago, Tomachek said:

I would love a McCaffrey/Kamara type RB here.

I was hoping Dawkins would spark the offense yesterday. He's quicker than Henry and runs harder than Lewis.

5 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

I was hoping Dawkins would spark the offense yesterday. He's quicker than Henry and runs harder than Lewis.

Not much you can do on 2 carries, especially when the defense is already playing close to the LOS.  Maybe he'll create a spark going forward, it seems like they want to give him an opportunity.

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

The last thing I'd want to do is bring in a young QB with an even worse OL and running game.

But that is likely the most Titans thing to do.

Shit O-Line coach, Marginal OC, Meathead HC, QB coach famous for his work in Hollywood,...

What could go wrong?

LOL