Bring in Jay Gruden and Kyle Allen or a Rookie

kyle021

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If Vrabel leaves there is the danger Pees walks away into retirement, remember the only reason Pees is here is due to Vrabel.

He is a college QB not an nfl qb

fire vrabel, steal defillipo, get any average QB, retain pees... profit!

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Soxcat said:

If they really loved Lock that much they would have figured out how to get him by either trading up in the 2nd or simply using their 1st on him.  If you "love" a QB you don't pass on him over any other position.  

I think it’s clear they did not love Lock. Just a draft smokescreen.

2 hours ago, tgo said:

I think it would behoove us to potentially bring in a high roller OC who can really be the "HC of the offense", but Jay Gruden isn't the guy we want for the reasons you stated. 

People are gonna kill me for this, but I really hope they get Bill Callahan here as an OL coach at least, possibly even OC for his run game prowess. 

Jason Garrett is an interesting possibility, but he'd be out of here in no time taking another HC job. 

*Slaps roof of car* This thing holds so many veteran QBs

We need a OC that is seasoned and will fix the OL and QB situation. 

I’m not a fan of the OL coach nor am I a fan of the QB coach. 

those two need replaced and we need a new OC to right the ship. 

I saw someone say we can’t run a modern NFL offense with Henry and it is true. He can’t block and is a total liability in the passing game. 

we need a Kareem Hunt type of RB and a QB with the ability to make accurate and timely passes. 

1 hour ago, Face said:

Frankl Kyle I would fire Art right now & hits Gruden. 

And I can’t believe In saying this but right now I want Jalen Hurts.

I'm a big Jalen Hurts fan, but I'm not excited about him for this team.  

1 hour ago, Face said:

7 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

He is a college QB not an nfl qb

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2019/10/04/2020-nfl-mock-draft-tua-tagovailoa-justin-herbert-joe-burrow-jalen-hurts/2/

9. Tennessee Titans | Jalen Hurts | QB | Oklahoma

If this is the final chapter of the Marcus Mariota era in Nashville, the Titans will be looking for his replacement in the draft. There are plenty of names vying for the next-man-up spot behind Tagovailoa, and his former teammate is one of the more pleasantly surprising ones.

Per Spotrac, these are the free agents at QB next year.

image.thumb.png.0e5397200700d169c036040fdae3a5d3.png

image.png.425f87b7a556b07b22a93b567fd2d140.png

Realistically the only ones worth considering are: Mullens (via trade), Rivers (if he wants to continue his career elsewhere), Bridgewater, or sticking with Tannehill.

Brady will re-sign with Patriots or retire, Brees will re-sign with the Saints or retire, Dak will get franchised if they don't agree to an extension, Allen will be re-sign his ERFA tender and be back. Winston, Keenum, and McCoy are nothing more than back-ups. Manning will retire. Maybe Newton is an option if released, but I don't think I would want us going down that route. 

6 hours ago, Face said:

He'll be under consideration along with Herbert, Fromm (assuming he declares) and Bridgewater. 

An ERFA like Allen is not really a free agent unless the team decides not to offer at all, which in his case I believe is a 1 year deal at veteran minimum. So hes obviously staying in Carolina regardless of Cam. Only way out is if they want to get some draft picks and make another run with Cam but I really don't see that happening.

Oh you Jalen Hurts critics... what do you not like about him.

From what I've seen he shows great awareness, extends plays with his feet (and I don't mean just running for gain) and throws the ball DOWN THE FIELD.

Give me a QB with moxy, please!

Seems to be of great character too... the way he took his demise at Alabama and turned it into something fantastic.