The Toddster

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dead from the neck up.

That cocky shit doesn't play well when you're 2-4 and look totally incompetent    Kuharsky didn't let him get away with it either

JRob made the hire. He got rid of the guys who got the most out of his second year QB.  Then he’s concerned this season that said QB is mentally unable to adjust to a new playbook. I’m not ready to fire him or Vrabel, but they better start talking like they have all the answers.

This isn't the game to jump off the Vrabel train.  We had some egregious justifications for that already this season.  This game is way down the list.

And Jrob isn't canning Vrabel soon.  Jrob gets misses at coach and franchise QB before his seat gets hot.  He hasn't whiffed on a franchise QB yet and as long he denies what's going on with Vrabel that buys him time too.

15 minutes ago, ben4titans said:

What part of his resume would have you jump on the hypothetical Vrabel train? It was always a reach hire. It didn't work. Move on. It's the NFL.

11 TDs in 11 catches!

But seriously last year he was on top of his game.  We won games that the team was unfit to win.   I was impressed.  

This year is a different story.  I'm with you, and I'd be ok with moving on but to my point that only expedites Jrob's departure.  So I would be surprised if he's not the coach in 2020. 

I think you keep Vrabel unless the team just totally quits on him. Hiring new coaches and GM’s is not a good strategy. Continuity is the best course unless the train is just completely off the rails. Right now the train is still holding on by a thread. A win in SD could change the whole season. But we have no chance at playoffs

I think you keep Vrabel unless the team just totally quits on him. Hiring new coaches and GM’s is not a good strategy. Continuity is the best course unless the train is just completely off the rails. Right now the train is still holding on by a thread. A win in SD could change the whole season. But we have no chance at playoffs

1 minute ago, ben4titans said:

2-4 with a team he assembled and a bonehead coach he hired after firing a playoff coach. 

Vrabel is young, and I would say that he isn't looking good at all right now.  That said, Mularkey and Robiskie were awful and they needed to go.  We are 2-4, and those 4 were all against teams we should have beaten.  Why should we have beaten them?  Because we have talent everywhere...and that talent was drafted by JRob.  Unless you want to see us drafting Chris Henrys and marching LaMont Thompsons back out on the field, I'd slow down the fire JRob train.

Making judgements based on immediate post game comments following an all the wheels come off loss is pretty stupid. He probably wanted to stomp PK's smug little ass into next week; after the first non-answer answer, the rest of the corps had figured out this wasn't the time; there's another presser ln less than 24 hours.

I can't fully connect Vrabel to the QB.  People have been saying Marcus needs to let loose, well we saw what happened when it wasn't his first read.  As I have oft said, Belichich couldn't win with him because BB wouldn't start him more than a handful of games.  Also, the organization would have never drafted him.  I was satisfied when the Titans got him and pulled for him for three years, until his play just leaped out of the TV screen saying this is not a NFL QB.  

Finally today, I think the league told the broadcast crew to just say the truth.  I don't read the newspaper or listen to the local radio shows, but I don't think they have just come out and said he's not NFL starter quality.  He's a nice guy, but I can't feel sorry for him because he robbed us of a good season by wasting all the talent we are paying to play with him.

They should let the football people run the team.  JRob has made some pretty decent picks, they need to step back and trust him to do what they don't know a damn thing about.