Sign in to follow this  
kyle021

It’s QB evaluation time

I don’t see Fromm staying at Georgia.  They’ve already lost a lot of QB talent through transfer, and I don’t think they want to make that mistake again.  If Fromm can’t win it all this year, he never will.

8 minutes ago, h4t said:

I like Burrow but he is a one year wonder.  He was at Ohio State for years and could never beat out the incumbents.  He only has done well since he transferred to a highly talented team minus QB.  He couldn’t  beat out Haskins, who is certainly not tearing it up in Washington.

NCS played Mike Glennon over Russell Wilson, just saying.

Here's how Vrabel will go about deciding which QB to draft:

When he brings in each potential QB for an interview, there will be a 6 pack of Milwaukee's Best cans sitting on the conference table, but Vrabel wont say anything about it to them.  The first QB who immediately shot guns all of them is hired.

Edited by Denali

5 hours ago, h4t said:

I like Burrow but he is a one year wonder.  He was at Ohio State for years and could never beat out the incumbents.  He only has done well since he transferred to a highly talented team minus QB.  He couldn’t  beat out Haskins, who is certainly not tearing it up in Washington.

I dont know...I hear what you are saying, but I saw the kid play the last two weeks. He can throw the ball. He stands in the pocket, and he's accurate. Some of the throws I've seen him make were just incredible. I'd take him over anyone we have right now for sure. As for Haskins, he was a better college player at that time, but his athleticism was part of it. Burrow is a passing QB, which we desperately need on this team.

Burrow fixed alot of his mechanics with the qb guru Tom House in the offseason. That and the installation of Joe Brady helped him get to where he is now. Question is is he the real change in lsus offense or is it just bradys involvement powering them.

6 minutes ago, DecepticonShawn said:

Burrow fixed alot of his mechanics with the qb guru Tom House in the offseason. That and the installation of Joe Brady helped him get to where he is now. Question is is he the real change in lsus offense or is it just bradys involvement powering them.

Burrow future HoF'r confirmed.

Burrows is a 4 year guy.  He's a winner.  He has a good completion percentage.  He has a big arm and can make every throw.  He has enough mobility.  

Fromm is a smart guy with an ok arm but you feel confident they are going to get it done every time he's under center.  That can't be understated.  He appears to be a good leader.

Eason is a guy who maneuvers the pocket.  I don't like some of his inconsistencies but he has a big arm, makes some great throws, and I still believe the ability to buy time in the pocket is right up there with accuracy in terms of skills that translate to the next level.

In short, there are things I love and hate about all of these guys and a lot depends on the type of offense the Titans want to build towards.  If they want to play this ball control convert 3rd downs and run the ball offense that we've seen since Vrabel has been here, I think it's a mistake but I also think Fromm is your guy.  If they want to open it up, I would love to see them go after Burrows and build a nice pass first offense built around distributing the ball to playmakers.  If they want to take a shot on the guy with the most upside, then I think Eason is probably the way to go.  He's got the highest ceiling and lowest floor imo.  I think he could be a huge bust be he could also be a guy that plays really well at the next level.

I'm not as sold on guys like Love but the upside to taking a guy like that is you aren't invested.  He's got all the physical tools and so theoretically could be another Watson/Mahomes type guy who has enough athleticism to spark the offense.  He's not a straight runner like Mariota either, he buys time and throws the ball.  He needs work and he's probably the least polished of the guys I just listed but you also can probably get him much later and can move on much easier if it doesn't work out.  

Choices choices.  

Tua and Burrows will likely be out of reach for the Titans.

Eason has a big arm but has limited experience and isn't ready to be an immediate NFL contributor, which Vrabel will desperately need to save his job.

As of today, I think the Titans are choosing between Herbert, Fromm (assuming he declares), Hurts and Bridgewater for 2020.

Edited by ctm

No doubt Burrows is boosted by the offensive system. To me that doesn't matter as much as looking at individual traits. Watching him play this weekend made me realize just how bad Marcus is. It was literally like watching the exact opposite of MM. Decisive, confident, strong, makes off schedule plays. 

Unless we really tank the rest of the year, I doubt we have enough capital to move up to draft him. But I'd damn try because I believe he will be special in the NFL. 

Burrows is a stud. He is pulling ahead of the pack to be the first one picked. Tua is an obvious second. 

I want nothing to do with Herbert or Hurts. 

give me Fromm or Eason at #1 over Herbert/Hurts at all in any round period. 

3 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

Burrows is a stud. He is pulling ahead of the pack to be the first one picked. Tua is an obvious second. 

I want nothing to do with Herbert or Hurts. 

give me Fromm or Eason at #1 over Herbert/Hurts at all in any round period. 

If we don't trade the farm to move up and get Burrows I would rather wait to the 2nd round and draft Love. I would re-sign Tannehill (assuming he looks good in the remainder of the games) and try and trade for someone like Nick Mullens from the 49ers and create a true QB competition in camp. Hopefully we end up with a situation like Seattle where the rookie surprises and wins the job, but if not we have two other QB's who can run an NFL offense.