Prediction: Vrabel Will Stick with Marcus

Jonboy

3 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Nothing is worth it to you.  

And yet the results ... three and outs, sacks, no points... were the same.  Again, Mariota was horrible and deserved to be benched.  

See above.  Yes, there was a bit more hope than with Mariota.  Buuuuuut.  Sacks, etc.

I hope the thirstiness on display is schtick.  

I imagine a week of practice with the starters will result in improvement on Tannehill's performance today, but him taking sacks and doing Ryan Tannehill things should be expected.

Tannehill came in down 13 and they were even more desperate at 16-0. He played well enough. Got stuck with a lot of 2nd and long situations. A penalty that brought back a big gain on 3rd down. And, like MM, had some poor protection. He took a few sacks that he shouldn't have, like MM has all year, but otherwise he was better than Mariota in every respect.

Edited by Starkiller

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tannehill was no better than Mariota this afternoon

Marcus is done here, unless Tanny gets hurt at some point & he comes in & magically lights it up.    Besides that Tannehill actually had a pulse, if Vrabel goes back to Marcus &

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mettamucil said:

Be the smartest damn thing they could do.  Team is ready to win. Just need someone who can actually run an nfl offense. Fucking Teddy is winning games throwing behind the line of scrimmage cuz teams refuse to tackle. Make the call !  

Oh. You are trolling. Ok cool.

11 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Nothing is worth it to you.  

And yet the results ... three and outs, sacks, no points... were the same.  Again, Mariota was horrible and deserved to be benched.  

See above.  Yes, there was a bit more hope than with Mariota.  Buuuuuut.  Sacks, etc.

I hope the thirstiness on display is schtick.  

I imagine a week of practice with the starters will result in improvement on Tannehill's performance today, but him taking sacks and doing Ryan Tannehill things should be expected.

im not even sure what you’re trying to do here.  Prove Tannehill isn’t good?  Who the fuck said he is and would lead us to victory? It’s just a glaring display of how TERRIBLE Marcus is when he can’t complete easy out routes and screens, but the backup can.  

5 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

It's a weird take because there's not a single person who thinks Tanny is the future or some good QB... Just simply functional

Exactly.

Look if we get lucky and he has career resurrection like Chris Chandler in Atlanta or Matt Schuab in Houston well fucking great, well know if it's trending that way by the end of the season.

If not which is the most likely scenario so what.

He gives the offense the best chance to produce and also gives the team a chance to evaluate the rest of the offense.

This is why I hoped before the draft their was someone that the team liked and believed was worth a high pick be it a first or second so when this time came we could get ahead of the development process.

All we can do is watch and wait, but I'm glad that Marcus is done as he's just not an NFL quality QB, he's basically David Carr at this point.

21 minutes ago, big2033 said:

@CreepingDeath what point are you trying to make? That Tannehill is better than Mariota but isn't our QB of the future?

I mean ... Tannehill was let go by the shitty-ass Dolphins.

Basically, yes.  I know attempting to move the discussion to non-binary, emotional outbursts is foreign on this website, but a man can dream.

10 minutes ago, C_Train said:

im not even sure what you’re trying to do here.  Prove Tannehill isn’t good?  Who the fuck said he is and would lead us to victory? It’s just a glaring display of how TERRIBLE Marcus is when he can’t complete easy out routes and screens, but the backup can.  

Going by the theme all offseason, plenty.  I'm trying to get the opinion out there that Tannehill isn't amazing - this is all an emotional release by the group that felt they were held hostage by Mariota.  Now the next scape goat will be lined up until there time comes.  (Smith?  Vrabel?)

The season rested on Mariota being good AND healthy.  Turns out, health wasn't the main problem. The Titans will now be as good as the Dolphins were with Tannehill.

43 minutes ago, japan said:

I actually said he would at least get the first 4 games when you were insisting there was a 25% chance Tannehill would start game 1. You were wrong and I was almost right. 

I said 20% but that means it was unlikely I predicted Tanny in week 5

I didn't get to watch the game, but I was able to periodically check the forum with an array of people saying to bench MM.  I got to my car just after RT came in.  I had to listen to Denver radio and announcers (no bias) and they talked about how much more comfortable RT looked than MM and commented several times on some good throws.  

They have the stats on all three QBs.  I think they said MM had a 9.5 passer rating, or maybe QBR?  Either or, it was really bad stats.

Whether Vrabel sticks with MM, I don't know.  I just know MM is done.  

Edited by Rogue

8 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Mariota was 7 -16 for 57 yards. Our franchise QB. 

Tanne plays in his first real game off the bench and goes 13 - 16 for 144 yards in a little over a quarter. And you see no difference. Seriously?

I saw that the Titans offense immediately went on a 3 and out and took sacks after the QB change.  I saw the time tick off the clock where the offense was in desperation mode with the game basically out of reach.  

Haven't you read what I've said multiple times?  I've typed it multiple times JUST FOR YOU and THESE TYPES of replies.  Mariota deserved to be benched.  Tannehill is a retread backup QB.  The best the team can do now is get to 7-9 or 8-8.  It's more likely the Titans will hit double-digit losses, though.