Hypocrisy. Isn’t it an interesting phenomenon?

IsntLifeFunny

I don't think he fully understands how Americans look like utter dipshits/bastards/insert your own word here/ in this situation Trump has created.  Why would any other country trust us after this?  Honor and trust those aren't two words that come to mind after this stupid act by the Orange Tub of Goo.  And that's only part of it.  We're basically releasing terrorists into the wild now--so they can cause chaos in the Middle East again.

It's pretty clear that the way Trump has handled this withdrawal is wrong. Leaving allies to whom we gave our word to be slaughtered is bad regardless of your political ideology. That said, having a less interventionist foreign policy and withdrawing troops is generally something I see as positive so I do like to see that Trump's instincts at least seem to align with that idea. I guess the question I have for someone who has actually been in the shit and has more knowledge than me is: Would there ever be a "good time" to withdraw from a place like Syria?Is staying in a place like that pretty much indefinitely good for America and it's troops? @Justafan I'd love to hear your insight into this because while I have no question that Trump fucked this up, I certainly identify with his ideas of having less American boots on the ground and having foreign countries settle their own affairs. 

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

It's pretty clear that the way Trump has handled this withdrawal is wrong. Leaving allies to whom we gave our word to be slaughtered is bad regardless of your political ideology. That said, having a less interventionist foreign policy and withdrawing troops is generally something I see as positive so I do like to see that Trump's instincts at least seem to align with that idea. I guess the question I have for someone who has actually been in the shit and has more knowledge than me is: Would there ever be a "good time" to withdraw from a place like Syria?Is staying in a place like that pretty much indefinitely good for America and it's troops? @Justafan I'd love to hear your insight into this because while I have no question that Trump fucked this up, I certainly identify with his ideas of having less American boots on the ground and having foreign countries settle their own affairs. 

I'm a pretty staunch supporter of bringing our boys home.  Problem in this case is that there is still a need to be in the region and we just up and left without warning.  Not only that but we gave intel to the Turks about how and where to hit the Kurds.

If they wanted to withdraw, tell the Kurds a few months in advance, give them time to move their people and make a deal with the Turks so that they don't just move in and slaughter the very people who have been helping us for years.

What we did to the Kurds the last couple of weeks is unconscionable.  

1 hour ago, Justafan said:

I'm a pretty staunch supporter of bringing our boys home.  Problem in this case is that there is still a need to be in the region and we just up and left without warning.  Not only that but we gave intel to the Turks about how and where to hit the Kurds.

If they wanted to withdraw, tell the Kurds a few months in advance, give them time to move their people and make a deal with the Turks so that they don't just move in and slaughter the very people who have been helping us for years.

What we did to the Kurds the last couple of weeks is unconscionable.  

It's not even about bringing troops home

https://politicalwire.com/2019/10/11/trump-sends-new-troops-to-saudi-arabia/

Unconscionable is definitely the correct word for these actions. Leave our fucking allies hanging like this after five straight years of them bleeding alongside us...only to send troops to the country who had 19 of 21 terrorists in 9/11. Pure lunacy. There are no jokes to be had. Fuck Donald Trump, and fuck the entire administration that oversaw this. Just awful human beings. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

Regardless of which side of the political aisle one prefers, leaving staunch allies like this is stupid, wrong, and incredibly short sighted. There will be consequences. So when the US needs someone to help us in a particular region, who in their right mind would trust anything that comes out of our mouths?

Almost as egregious as promising air support and then abandoning men on the beach as Kennedy did in the Bay of Pigs. Those vets remained bitter and hated all Kennedy’s forever.