Hypocrisy. Isn’t it an interesting phenomenon?

IsntLifeFunny

American forces pulled back from the border after “it became very clear that there were American soldiers that were going to be at risk,” he said in an interview on “PBS News Hour.”

The president,” Mr. Pompeo added, “made a decision to put them in a place where they were out of harm’s way.”

This of course happened because we removed our troops in the first place at the president’s behest. They never would have made this move with US forces on the ground.

Here’s the real good one: 

American military officials said that the United States was not providing assistance to either side. However, the United States was providing intelligence to Turkey until Monday that may have helped it target Kurdish forces.

I wonder how the troops on the ground feel about leaving their allies like this? If anyone was given orders to assist Turkey in intelligence to target the Kurds then...I don’t really know how to finish that sentence. That’s pure insanity yet still wouldn’t surprise me. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/09/world/middleeast/turkey-attacks-syria.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

American forces pulled back from the border after “it became very clear that there were American soldiers that were going to be at risk,” he said in an interview on “PBS News Hour.”

The president,” Mr. Pompeo added, “made a decision to put them in a place where they were out of harm’s way.”

This of course happened because we removed our troops in the first place at the president’s behest. They never would have made this move with US forces on the ground.

Here’s the real good one: 

American military officials said that the United States was not providing assistance to either side. However, the United States was providing intelligence to Turkey until Monday that may have helped it target Kurdish forces.

I wonder how the troops on the ground feel about leaving their allies like this? If anyone was given orders to assist Turkey in intelligence to target the Kurds then...I don’t really know how to finish that sentence. That’s pure insanity yet still wouldn’t surprise me. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/09/world/middleeast/turkey-attacks-syria.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

But he kept his promise to his base to pull the troops out!

2 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

While I am not a Middle East war person, that place will always be fucked imo, I am not in support of the way he pulled the troops.

See, some supporters dont agree with everything Trump does.

I think it was wrong as well.  We have a history of abandoning the Kurds.

Credit to ya'll for admitting this is a mistake.  That's out of character for this forum for people on both sides of the aisle.  

This one hits pretty close to home for me so it restores some faith in the Republican part that so many have spoken out against this move, in defiance of Trump, because they know it's wrong.  

We didn't need to stay there forever.  I get that.  We damn sure owed the Kurds better than this though.  

1 hour ago, Justafan said:

it restores some faith in the Republican part that so many have spoken out against this move, in defiance of Trump, because they know it's wrong.  

Let’s see what they do about it.

2 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Let’s see what they do about it.

That's fair.  There are still a bunch of spineless cowards in Congress and the truth is I doubt most of them are in much of a position to do much of anything without risking their own seat, which is where they draw the line on their willingness to stand up to what they know is wrong.  

4 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

For years our entire country has been saying bring our troops home, end the wars. 

Obama was even praised for making it a campaign promise.

Trump wants to do so and it's now wrong. Or the way they went about it is wrong. 

Bring em all back. 

Maybe everyone would be more happy if we stay in this war as it turns from 5 years into 20. 

I'm sure no one wants our soldiers to die. And we know how much the Dems dislike spending money. At least when it's not them doing the spending....

So two birds, one stone. Get out, save money, save lives. No brainer. 

Yeah fuck those Kurds huh? 

You stupid fucking sociopath.

3 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

We repaid our debt. And then some. 

Easy for pussies like you to be sitting on the couch criticizing someone who is making difficult decisions. 

Lol at some kid like you calling anyone a pussy.

Easy for you to sit on the couch with your phone saying we shouldn't be bailing while it's not your life at risk.

So when we make a commitment to our allies we shouldn't honor it and help their enemies? 

Dumbass

Easy for you to do that just so you look good on social media. 

What the fuck are you talking about?

But when have liberals ever gave a fuck about human life? Oh that's right, the Kurds aren't Americans. Non Americans come first. Silly me, I forgot.

They care infinitely more than you or other conservatives. You only care about yourselves and the rich.

2 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

We repaid our debt. And then some. 

Easy for pussies like you to be sitting on the couch criticizing someone who is making difficult decisions. 

Easy for you to sit on the couch with your phone saying we shouldn't be bailing while it's not your life at risk.

Easy for you to do that just so you look good on social media. 

But when have liberals ever gave a fuck about human life? Oh that's right, the Kurds aren't Americans. Non Americans come first. Silly me, I forgot.

Goddamn you’re an idiot. 

“I am ashamed for the first time in my career,” said the distraught soldier, who has been involved in the training of indigenous forces on multiple continents. The hardened service member is among the 1,000 or so U.S. troops who remain in Syria.

“Turkey is not doing what it agreed to. It’s horrible,” the military source on the ground said. “We met every single security agreement. The Kurds met every single agreement [with the Turks]. There was no threat to the Turks -- none -- from this side of the border."

This is insanity,” the concerned U.S. service member said. "I don’t know what they call atrocities, but they are happening.

The Kurds are as close to Western thinking in the Middle East as anyone,” said the longtime member of Special Forces. “It’s a shame. We are just watching. It’s horrible.”

“This is not helping the ISIS fight," the military source said.

Many of the ISIS prisoners "will be free in the coming days and weeks," he predicted.

Feel free to send me your address and I’ll ship you a pair of knee pads so it’s a little easier to keep sucking off Trump. Sycophant little bitch. 

Just now, JakePA_Titan said:

So weren't doing anything but wasting tax payers dollars playing babysitter. Great. 

You're right, we should have sat them there til the end of time. Obviously whenever they left, this was going to happen eventually. So we should have never left. Stayed there for 30+ years. Hell 50. 

What a sniveling little bitch you are. These were our allies. You stay as long as necessary and use the weight of American power and authority to mediate a deal between two allies.