Sign in to follow this  
Nash

Teddy Bridgewater

Well, he just had a great game.  He's learning from a great mentor.  Statwise, MM has been good, so I'm feeling that we'll re-sign him.  But if not, Teddy would be more hopeful than Tannehill, anyway, while a rookie develops.

Edited by jphardy

Kind of seems like he’s not much better than Mariota. He might be a bit more decisive but he’s not pushing the ball downfield.

I’d rather get Fitzmagic back. Tired of these boring ass games.

Edited by Thrill

5 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

He has not been good this season

His offense is averaging like 80-100 more passing yards per game than ours.  

11 minutes ago, Justafan said:

His offense is averaging like 80-100 more passing yards per game than ours.  

That’s a low bar. We’re one of the worst offenses in the league. I’d be happy with him but he’s definitely not my first option.

40 minutes ago, RasKass said:

That seems to happen when you actually have a number 1 receiver. Im not understanding why Titan fans don't see the correlation between good receivers and good passing game...Michael Thomas is better than anybody we have had since Derrick Mason in 2005, yea think about that. Nate Washington was nice but his best years was in Pittsburgh. Not to mention Sean Payton is a pretty good offensive mind. Id take Mariota over Bridgewater any day. Get over it lol.

Don't be ridiculous.  Offenses function at a high level without great receivers all the time.  Fitzgerald has been a great receiver who plays on bad teams.  Plenty of examples of receivers who play on bad offenses.  Plenty of examples of bad receivers who 'magically' play better when the QB executes at a high level.

Your excuses are naive and missplaced.  The Titans don't have the best WR duo in the league but CD and AJB are above average and yet the passing offense is 27th.  The skill positions aren't the problem on the Titans.  The QB and offensive line is.  Period.  There is no other interpretation that isn't completely retarded.  

ESPN had a thing where they asked 5 people where Bridgewater would be playing next year and 4 said the Titans.  I don't see the rationale behind it.  The skill sets aren't that different between Mariota and Bridgewater.  I doubt the contract asks will be that much different between the two QBs.  I mean I get if they want to move on from Mariota with anyone just because they feel that they need to make a change.  But why make a change with someone who's going to do basically the same things?  You might as well keep the guy who knows the system and has chemistry with the receivers.

I do think that Bridgewater's a solid QB.  But if the Titans are going to move on from Mariota they need a QB with a different style.  

My opinion of the situation is that they can look at the first round (or even 2nd round), draft someone if they decide to move on from Mariota, but unless they can get a guy like Rivers or someone on that level who may have 2-3 good years, what's the point in changing?  You can easily keep Mariota for a year or two while the new QB gets ready and see what happens.  Or move on from Mariota and play the rookie right away.  But finding a new bridge QB?  Makes little sense to me.

Bridgewater isn't going to be much better than Mariota. Pass.

Just gotta take a risk on someone who could be good.

As a fan I'm much less risk averse than JRob or Vrabel are though someone like Tannehill, Bridgewater, even Manning are decently likely veteran options.

7 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

He has not been good this season

He's actually been way better than I thought he would be.