BudAdams

Offense/Mariota article - Football Perspective

From Mike Herndon

The Titans are calling shots down field top 7 in the NFL

Mariota is in the bottom 10 as far as throwing downfield, he was bottom 10 last year as well. 

17 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

From Mike Herndon

The Titans are calling shots down field top 7 in the NFL

Mariota is in the bottom 10 as far as throwing downfield, he was bottom 10 last year as well. 

Does this account for sacks when the play doesn’t develop fast enough to throw deep? 

most all of his sacks have been Plays with deep pass options.

The Titans are right behind GB and NE in terms of turnover ratio. They are +7 and the Titans are +6. 

This reminds me of a few years back when Locker was the QB and the Titans and had 0 turnovers after 4 games. The difference was that team was 3-1. I remember on the podcast saying it was phony and what they were doing was unsustainable. That team lost 8 of the next 10. 

Amazingly this team is 2-3 at +6. I hate to think what will happen if the turnovers even out. 

8 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

The Titans are right behind GB and NE in terms of turnover ratio. They are +7 and the Titans are +6. 

This reminds me of a few years back when Locker was the QB and the Titans and had 0 turnovers after 4 games. The difference was that team was 3-1. I remember on the podcast saying it was phony and what they were doing was unsustainable. That team lost 8 of the next 10. 

Amazingly this team is 2-3 at +6. I hate to think what will happen if the turnovers even out. 

Isn't there some crazy stat surrounding the Titans this year that there has been something like 11 fumbles in games they have been involved in and they have recovered all but the Adoree Jackson muffed punt.

There is absolutely no way that ratio can continue.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

He can't read the field.  If he's playing a simple offense where he knows where to go with the ball before the snap, then he's great.  We saw that in the Falcons game.  If he's playing any sort of defense where he actually has to drop back and make a decision and god forbid he face any sort of pressure in his face... he can't do it.  He can't do it.  He can not do it.  I don't know how many times fans have to see it week in and week out, how many times they have to hear it from football people, how many times it has to be alluded to or walked around by both Mariota and other people on the staff, how many stats it has to be reflected in etc, etc, etc before fans just accept that Mariota simply will never be the QB we all hoped he would be.  

The Titans gave him every opportunity to shine this year.  He can not do it.  

4 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Ive said this since the first training camp. It also goes into Jas’ post. Same thing. Unleash the damn ball and take some chances. The only times he does it seems it’s because he’s hurt or pressing, such as the Pit game. When he’s healthy and comfortable he just will not unload most of the time. 

Hell, his best pass the entire game was to Davis down the sideline where the DB was in man and a safety peeled off to make a hit on Davis and break it up. Davis should have caught that ball, but that’s besides the point. Anytime anything goes wrong he goes into a shell. That’s the real problem. Also, his arm has turned to shit, which is also a problem. 

That was a horrible throw. If you are going to make that throw it has to be back shoulder. Not up the field where the DB has help.

7 minutes ago, Justafan said:

He can't read the field.  If he's playing a simple offense where he knows where to go with the ball before the snap, then he's great. 

He can not do it.  

Been saying it for going on 3 years now. The coach in the Sando article literally said, "He can't do it"

No question Mariota is a big negative factor but we just came off two games where our OL was man raped fairly often.  Also hard to blame the QB entirely for missed FGs or dropped passes.  Sure, I'd like to see what Tannehill can do.  Not sure if it will be better but something worth looking at.  Either way we have to tighten up on the OL protection.  

22 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Also hard to blame the QB entirely for missed FGs or dropped passes. 

For the 100th time, no one is stupid enough to be saying this, it doesn’t need to be said. 

54 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

For the 100th time, no one is stupid enough to be saying this, it doesn’t need to be said. 

Yes, just because other parts of the team probably need help, it doesn’t excuse poor qb play. 
RT may not be the answer either but we need to find out what the offense can do with a real NFL Qb. I have no frigging idea about this offense and what it’s capable of because it’s completely stuck in neutral due to qb play.

Are the receivers really that covered downfield?  How bad is the OL actually?  How good could the running game be?  Just can’t say for sure when you have a neutered QB. 

2 hours ago, Justafan said:

He can't read the field.  If he's playing a simple offense where he knows where to go with the ball before the snap, then he's great.  We saw that in the Falcons game.  If he's playing any sort of defense where he actually has to drop back and make a decision and god forbid he face any sort of pressure in his face... he can't do it.  He can't do it.  He can not do it.  I don't know how many times fans have to see it week in and week out, how many times they have to hear it from football people, how many times it has to be alluded to or walked around by both Mariota and other people on the staff, how many stats it has to be reflected in etc, etc, etc before fans just accept that Mariota simply will never be the QB we all hoped he would be.  

The Titans gave him every opportunity to shine this year.  He can not do it.  

No more excuses was what everyone said regarding MM coming into this season and now we got assholes coming out the woodwork blaming a first time oc, the ol (again), the receivers, the defense, the hc, the gm, the owner, etc the list goes on and on. Everyone gets blame except mr untouchable nice guy and the real fans of this franchise are sick of it and sick of him.