Offense/Mariota article - Football Perspective

BudsOilers

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My guess is Mariota is doing exactly what they want him to. The team is just very conservative by design. 

Adam nails it   Adam • 5 hours ago Marcus Mariota is the king of posting a good passer rating while failing to score many points. Including playoffs, Mariota has 34 starts with a p

Just like VY, it completely blows my mind how fans are watching the product on the field and are still convinced the QB would be fine if there were better pieces around him.   Andrew Luck to

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Just like VY, it completely blows my mind how fans are watching the product on the field and are still convinced the QB would be fine if there were better pieces around him.

Andrew Luck took a five win team to eleven wins. 

If the offense sucks, and this one definitely does, a huge reason for that lies on lack of execution at the QB position.

It's even more ridiculous when we've seen this act before under a different qb.  It's not like the fanbase is not familiar to this so I'm not sure why there is such denial here.

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

i love avoiding the topic...

you lazy or retarded? no one is arguing its premise is wrong, midget. 

just show the league comparison. 

what % of games does the average nfl QB score more than 20 pts when having a 85 or whatever QBR. 

its a simple way to see if this stat holds meaning. 

it means absolutely nothing without a comparison and the fact that you dont see that makes you the dullard. 

11 minutes ago, rns90 said:

It's even more ridiculous when we've seen this act before under a different qb.  It's not like the fanbase is not familiar to this so I'm not sure why there is such denial here.

when you see every backup perform worse.. and there has been plenty of samples considering the QBs injury history... no wonder people are skeptical. 

58 minutes ago, titanruss said:

when you see every backup perform worse.. and there has been plenty of samples considering the QBs injury history... no wonder people are skeptical. 

They're backups. Just because a backup is horrible, doesn't mean a starter isn't bad too. 

I’m actually a little nervous if Tannehill starts. Only because I have this gut feeling there is a reason he isn’t already starting and it’s because he hasn’t shown enough to have confidence in him. 

Unlike others on this site, I’ll admit that’s all just a scenario in assumption. 

12 minutes ago, big2033 said:

They're backups. Just because a backup is horrible, doesn't mean a starter isn't bad too. 

Oh, I agree. I'm just stating that when people clamored for the backups (4-5 different ones) in the past, saying it couldnt be worse, ... it was worse. So of course all people dont place most all the blame on the Starter. 

7 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I’m actually a little nervous if Tannehill starts. Only because I have this gut feeling there is a reason he isn’t already starting and it’s because he hasn’t shown enough to have confidence in him. 

Unlike others on this site, I’ll admit that’s all just a scenario in assumption. 

tannehill is here because if mariota gets injured we can start him without much dropoff and if he shows any tiny bit of promise,.. they want to be able to tag/trade him for picks. 

the chance they want to roll with RT at anypoint before they have to is slim to none. 

5 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Think back to his rookie training camp. Mariota went an extremely long time before ever throwing an INT in camp.

I remember analysis saying that was actually a bad thing, not a good thing. For the very reason in this article. 

Ive said this since the first training camp. It also goes into Jas’ post. Same thing. Unleash the damn ball and take some chances. The only times he does it seems it’s because he’s hurt or pressing, such as the Pit game. When he’s healthy and comfortable he just will not unload most of the time. 

Hell, his best pass the entire game was to Davis down the sideline where the DB was in man and a safety peeled off to make a hit on Davis and break it up. Davis should have caught that ball, but that’s besides the point. Anytime anything goes wrong he goes into a shell. That’s the real problem. Also, his arm has turned to shit, which is also a problem. 

3 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

He can't be worse than Mariota.  7 pts in 2 of the last 3 games.  At least I know he'll take chances down the field unlike Mr. 5 yard pass.