Good Marcus vs Bad Marcus

Jas

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is how you play QB   From the Atlanta 23, Davis runs an out and has 1 on 1 coverage with a DB giving a huge cushion.  Marcus lets it fly before Davis even starts his break.  Easy comple

I just read the board now.  I kind of gave up posting a couple of years ago when most of the board went full retard blaming the coaching.  Trying to correct/argue with all of the idiots takes too much

This is his career in a nutshell.  You never know what he'll do and it's why the offense goes up and down.  It's been this way since he came here and it's not going to change.

7 hours ago, Jas said:

How long did he stand there in the first video?  Second play should have been the same.  This play is designed to get the first down - he isn't waiting on a longer route for a TD.  He should have known to throw to Brown pre-snap based on the 1 on 1 and the DB cushion.  Also pre-snap, he can see there are more bodies in the middle of the field, so there is no point looking there.  There is absolutely nothing to think about here - take the easy completion for the first down.  The ball should come out as soon as his back foot plants.  Did you even bother watching both videos?

Keep posting Jas... 

7 hours ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Now the real problem. If they bring in Tanne and he outplays him (which I think he can), people are going to realize it was always Mariota, not the coaches. But I bet they dont, short of an injury. They save Tanne for next year, and if he produces it's because it's a different team, so everyone saves face. Politics and football. I also believe Woodside is a good QB and backup. Strange to be injured on the scout team. Some way of hiding him?

You thought gabbert could outplay him too. You beat the Gabbert drum for weeks and we all saw how that turned out lol.  Mariota had to come in still injured against the jags and save the game. You’ve got an eye for stud QB’s! 

36 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

You thought gabbert could outplay him too. You beat the Gabbert drum for weeks and we all saw how that turned out lol.  Mariota had to come in still injured against the jags and save the game. You’ve got an eye for stud QB’s! 

Tannehill is ten times better than Gabbert

The second play is frustrating and shows how oddly Mariota is wired.  He'll be the toughest QB in the league when it comes to taking contact while he's running the ball or blocking defenders, but as far toughness required from the position is concerned- standing strong in the pocket and delivering the ball- he exhibits none of it.  You think that would drive Vrabel crazy.

7 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

The DB who presses the slot is why he hesitated. He saw him hand off a receiver and expected he was in zone, which is different than the Davis play. I agree he still has to unleash, but since he’s so conservative in his mind he saw a potential pick 6. 

Also, you have to note Saffold got his ass handed to him in the worst kind of way. He was put on skates. Just a terrible play only made more so by the no call on the face mask. Good to see you back. 

No, he wouldn't (or at least shouldn't) have even considered zone.  I started the play at the snap to keep the video file size down.  Initially, Lewis was split out to the far right side and his man followed him back.  It clearly showed man coverage, so there really should have been nothing for him to think about after the snap.  

Sure, Saffold was a big ol' pile of steaming shit on that play.  It shouldn't have mattered.  Marcus was under even more pressure on the Atlanta play and the ball came out.  He's making the game harder on himself than he needs to for some reason.  He can make that play - he showed it just the previous week.

Inconsistency has been the knock on Marcus from the very gitgo and it hasn't gotten better, it's gotten worse. Every QB has a bad game or two but  you can't have a Jekyll and Hyde QB. It's also been compounded by a subpar revolving OLine, 5 different OCs in 5 years and a litany of injuries. But the inconsistency is the thing that will keep him from getting the big long term contract extension.

Edited by freakingeek

4 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

On 104 yesterday they said Saffold told Kukarsky one of the problems was the QB was holding the ball too long 

Yeah he's a fucking POS. He's getting beat by his guy on nearly every play at the snap of the ball. Doesn't matter how long the QB holds it. 

I'd be curious to hear how he would answer, "So the QB holding the ball causes you to get steamrolled 10 yards into the backfield in 2 secs?"

They need to cut Marcus.  Just fire his ass.

None of this "bench him" bullshit, cut him outright.

Tannehill is great.  He won't get hurt behind this O-Line. 

He'll be fine.  He's a real QB.

And they have a couple of vet backups on speed dial anyway so,...

Get Marcus out of Nashville.

Send that pineapple chucker down the road.

Better yet, don't fly him home, just leave him in Denver.