Sign in to follow this  
SleepingTitan

Every Cody Parkey Miss from 2018-2019

57 minutes ago, Former_Fan said:

Damn I have never seen so many kicks hit the uprights. We just need to go for it on 4th, every time..

Master of the Doink.

Edited by TitanDuckFan

-He was great as a rookie. 
-got injured the next year. Cut because the team found another kicker while he was hurt. 
-did decent after that but was just replacing other hurt kickers. 

-then had a bad year with sone bad luck for the bears. 

the rookie year is very promising but it’s all just head games for these guys and you never know 

31 minutes ago, titanruss said:

-He was great as a rookie. 
-got injured the next year. Cut because the team found another kicker while he was hurt. 
-did decent after that but was just replacing other hurt kickers. 

-then had a bad year with sone bad luck for the bears. 

the rookie year is very promising but it’s all just head games for these guys and you never know 

He's got a better career percentage than Santos does.

His 3rd year he kicked for the Browns. The 1-15 2016 Browns. He only had 25 field goal attempts the whole year and never had more than two field goal attempts in a game except for the season opener when he went 3 of 6. The rest of the year he only missed 2 kicks. I don't know how to hold that season against him. Maybe there was more to all that than just the stats, but seems to me like a 1-15 team had a little more going on than kicker problems. The next season he played for the 6-10 Dolphins and had only 23 attempts the whole year. Of those attempts he missed only 2. His worst years were the injured 2nd season and last season where he missed 7 field goals. 2016 and 2017 he was on bad teams and just didn't have as many opportunities.

His missing the FG in the playoff game last year sucked, but he seems like he's just been a victim of bad luck and circumstance throughout his career. He looks like a better option than Santos and we'll only need him for 4 or 5 games anyway until Succop gets back. I know he at least he won't miss 4 FGs in a game because no team can be that unlucky with two different kickers.

IckyUntriedCockatiel-size_restricted.gif

5 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

He's got a better career percentage than Santos does.

His 3rd year he kicked for the Browns. The 1-15 2016 Browns. He only had 25 field goal attempts the whole year and never had more than two field goal attempts in a game except for the season opener when he went 3 of 6. The rest of the year he only missed 2 kicks. I don't know how to hold that season against him. Maybe there was more to all that than just the stats, but seems to me like a 1-15 team had a little more going on than kicker problems. The next season he played for the 6-10 Dolphins and had only 23 attempts the whole year. Of those attempts he missed only 2. His worst years were the injured 2nd season and last season where he missed 7 field goals. 2016 and 2017 he was on bad teams and just didn't have as many opportunities.

His missing the FG in the playoff game last year sucked, but he seems like he's just been a victim of bad luck and circumstance throughout his career. He looks like a better option than Santos and we'll only need him for 4 or 5 games anyway until Succop gets back. I know he at least he won't miss 4 FGs in a game because no team can be that unlucky with two different kickers.

yeah i dont mind the guy and it looks like he has more leg strength than succop or santos. he's 7/9 above 50 yards out. 

Typical kicker career path.  The Chiefs cut Succop after a similar season before he signed with the Titans.  All of these kickers are a crap shoot.  Unless you have Tucker or Gostkowski, they are essentially the same guy 

13 minutes ago, nine said:

They obviously should have signed a world-class HOF-caliber kicker who has a minimum 97% success rate from 70-80 yards out.

Too bad no one planted any of the kind of trees they grow on around here.

3 hours ago, Carpy said:

Typical kicker career path.  The Chiefs cut Succop after a similar season before he signed with the Titans.  All of these kickers are a crap shoot.  Unless you have Tucker or Gostkowski, they are essentially the same guy 

Tucker is insane