Davis and Brown...6 Targets Against Buffalo

Jonboy

Davis was on the field for 54 of the 62 total offensive snaps. 4 targets.

Brown was on the field for 40 of the 62 total offensive snaps. This is way up for Brown and a good sign, but...2 targets.

Davis caught 2 of them for 28 yards. Brown caught both of his targets for 27 yards. 

After what these 2 did a week ago, it's just unfathomable to me that Vrabel/Smith/Mariota don't make more of an effort to get these guys the ball. Two of the best WRs we've had in who knows how long. Smh. ?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just watched the All 22 coaches tape myself and Mariota had a handful of plays where he doesn't throw it when a guy is available.  I also think he should have thrown it to Brown on the last 3 down p

Tannehill was 18/22 throwing to WR's today.

Davis got one deep ball early which he had a chance on and these balls get a lot of PI calls that usually favor the offense.  Davis has the height, strength and has demonstrated the jumping ability to catch these ball.  The guy makes one hand grabs.  Then people wonder why the fans don't come to the games.

7 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Davis got one deep ball early which he had a chance on and these balls get a lot of PI calls that usually favor the offense.  Davis has the height, strength and has demonstrated the jumping ability to catch these ball.  The guy makes one hand grabs.  Then people wonder why the fans don't come to the games.

That should not have even been necessary.  He was open long before that, Mariota just hesitated and threw a soft short duck right in time for the safety to arrive.

17 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Davis had to leap over his guy to even get a hand on it. It would’ve been a pick had that been thrown to a less savvy receiver.

8 minutes ago, Thrill said:

Davis had to leap over his guy to even get a hand on it. It would’ve been a pick had that been thrown to a less savvy receiver.

You know these guys aren't happy.  The reason they don't say anything is because they are young players with no resume, even though the reason is evident.  Davis is losing millions.  He has no track record to bargain with for his next contract.  Delaine has his money, so he won't say anything.  Hump probably is speechless.

It’s criminal what they’re doing with these guys. I think Mariota is a major factor in their lack of targets but Art smith should have 5 or 6 plays that are essentially one read for Brown and Davis every game. There’s no reason either of these guys should leave the game with less than 5 targets each. And if Mariota won’t throw to them for some reason, bench his ass. It’s insanity to have so much talent out there but not be able to get them the ball. 

Humphries is even more crazy because he should literally be open every play. He’s running crossing routes and flat routes. He should be your checkdown before you get to the RB. I think that’s primarily on Mariota and not having Lewan the first 4 games.

Edited by Thrill

You can scheme things in a billion different ways. But in the end Mariota has to throw it and unless they're open over the middle he won't do it. If you're lucky he'll throw to the sidelines on a curl.

Edited by big2033

I just watched the All 22 coaches tape myself and Mariota had a handful of plays where he doesn't throw it when a guy is available.  I also think he should have thrown it to Brown on the last 3 down pass instead of to Humphries (it was tipped by Edmunds).  The route would have gained more yards and the trajectory of the pass would have not allowed it to be tipped.  MM also had a few poor throws as usual.

The Bills had no respect for the play action game either - sending extra men consistently plus Edmunds was a spy on Mariota.  It was a good plan as that takes away a lot from a guy like MM.