1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

The Broncos have the 7th best defense for yards allowed.  The 18th best offense.

The Titans are the 9th best defense and 27th best offense.

Stats alone say they are a slightly better team.  Playing at home should help them.

When has a football game ever been won with yardage and not points? 

1 hour ago, titanruss said:

When has a football game ever been won with yardage and not points? 

Works either way obviously.  I guess the Bills are that much better on defense because our FG kicker couldn't make a kick or because our QB didn't know he was past the LOS when he threw a TD pass.  Not to mention our offense might not be as bad as it appears for the same reasons.  

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

would you feel this way if Vrabel was being forced to play Mariota the rest of the year? I'm not sure which scenario is worse.

A. Vrable sticking with Mariota because he believes he gives them the best chance to win or B. Ownership mandating Mariota has to play out the season in the hopes the light comes on.

Thats a "which testicle would you rather have bitten off?" scenario

1 hour ago, XanderMXIX said:

Broncos - W 

Chargers - L 

Bucs - W 

Panthers - L 

Chiefs - L 

Jags - W

Colts - L 

Raiders - L 

Texans - L 

Saints - L 

Texans - L 

5-11 my opinion 

7-9 was my prediction after Luck announced his retirement.  The Jags and Colts games in the first quarter were 2 of the seven wins I had projected, so 5 seems about right to me.  Even more so after what I've witness the last five games.  What makes it worse is that I don't see us getting completely blown out in most of these losses.  Our defense will keep the game within reach in most if not every loss, just making the loss hurt more. 

I'd feel better about the games if we were just a total all around dumpster fire of a team, but that clearly isn't the case.  The team's few weaknesses are being magnified by total ineptitude at the QB position.  And a top 5 defense is going to finish with 5-7 wins.  I wonder how many times that's happened in the NFL. 

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

would you feel this way if Vrabel was being forced to play Mariota the rest of the year? I'm not sure which scenario is worse.

A. Vrable sticking with Mariota because he believes he gives them the best chance to win or B. Ownership mandating Mariota has to play out the season in the hopes the light comes on.

O, if only those Bon Jovi and Peyton Manning rumors were true!

3 hours ago, oldschool said:

Million dollar question isn't it?  Why not ask PK or some other media guy?

Edited by 8MM

If Vrabel is being forced to stay with Mariota it is an issue that would drive him out of TN.  No way I see him coaching long under that scenario.  

15 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

If Vrabel is being forced to stay with Mariota it is an issue that would drive him out of TN.  No way I see him coaching long under that scenario.  

Come on. Hes a 2nd year HC and there are only 32 jobs. I dont blame him one bit if that's the case.

11 hours ago, tgo said:

If Vrabel only gets 5 or 6 wins out of this roster - he should be fired. 

This is one of the most talented rosters in the NFL. Should be able to get 5 wins just running the fucking wildcat offense. 

We have a 45M dollar OL this year - two all pro tackles, a pro bowl guard, a top 3 center per PFF (Wilcots of PFF says Jones is one of the top centers in the NFL, and I know he’s at least top 7). And our garbage QB makes the line look like trash and somehow the most talented WR core we’ve had since moving to Nashville isn’t looking so good either. 

Unfortunately his rotten pineapple stench is getting on our playoff roster and making the whole team stink like garbage. 

Vrabel isn't maximizing the talent 

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

Vrabel isn't maximizing the talent 

I think that they absolutely are on defense.  The offense is a bewildering waste of talent and everyone's time.

Just now, abc2330 said:

I think that they absolutely are on defense.  The offense is a bewildering waste of talent and everyone's time.

Dance you tard bitch!

How many defensive minded coaches really do maximize their offenses?

Belichick doesn't count. He has football expertise way beyond defense. The guy can probably discuss every aspect of football with the best minds at every position.

Meanwhile Vrabel has admitted that he doesn't know much about the other positions (didn't he say something about how he can't even say how the WRs are supposed to line up properly? lol) let alone offensive philosophy. The guy is a "leader of men" coach and doesn't seem particularly smart at much except defense (maybe only front 7 stuff even).

Edited by Titans279