Jeffrey Simmons To Begin Practicing Next Week per PK

TeamRamrod

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Awesome. He is badly needed. Our 4 man rush is garbage. 

Vrabel and JRob have been played it pretty safe with injuries I would say to this point. I don’t think they would bring him back if they weren’t sure he was fully ready to go.

This is great news.  Hope he comes back and is every bit the player they drafted him to be.  

Daquan Jones has played well this year so really, it's the 5T spot, the spot where Simmons would play, that really could use an upgrade.  This could really help out some of the disguised blitzes that Pees likes to run as well and give them some flexibility with who to start, who to sit, and what packages they can run on third down.  

5 hours ago, TeamRamrod said:

Vrabel and JRob have been played it pretty safe with injuries I would say to this point. I don’t think they would bring him back if they weren’t sure he was fully ready to go.

Im not fan of this move but you’re right, if anything we’ve been conservative with injuries.

Im sure Simmons will just come in to rush the passer on clear 3rd downs for at least the first few weeks &  possibly the entire season.

The typical timeframe for an ACL is 9 months, so Simmons will be about 8 1/2 if he comes back for the Chargers. So it’s not much earlier & he is young & a freak athlete....it sounded like he was well ahead of schedule.

That said, I always assume the worst with injuries. Especially ACL’s & groin/hammy pulls.