Really Disappointed in Vrabel

scine09

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look, I understand that there's going to be the normal overreaction threads to today's debacle.  But my goodness how many just bad decisions is he going to make?  In week 2 I thought he did a terrible

He needs to come off the cocky high horse too   He ain't done squat and needs to stop being so condescending   Buddy you ain't even done squat 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

How soon until we can confidently say...

Ballard > Robinson

Reich > Vrabel

It's just one game.  Let's let things play out.

IMO the Titans are every bit as talented as the Colts, top to bottom.  The Colts game was a coin flip game that the Titans happened to lose.

I put where the Titans are right now more on Vrabel than on Robinson.

But again, it's been 5 games this season.  Very small sample size.

22 minutes ago, scine09 said:

It's just one game.  Let's let things play out.

IMO the Titans are every bit as talented as the Colts, top to bottom.  The Colts game was a coin flip game that the Titans happened to lose.

I put where the Titans are right now more on Vrabel than on Robinson.

But again, it's been 5 games this season.  Very small sample size.

It isn't just one game though. Or even 5 games.

1 minute ago, Jonboy said:

It isn't just one game though. Or even 5 games.

I thought Vrabel did a terrific job last year.  And week 1 was good.  The last 4 have not been.

Let's remember, Frank Reich made in my mind a worse decision than Vrabel ever has, deciding to go for it in his own side of the field late in OT against the Texans.  It literally might have cost them a division title.

My take on the Colts is that they're very solid all around, don't make a lot of mistakes (I actually think that's true to a large extent with the Titans, yesterday notwithstanding) and as a result generally don't beat themselves.  Let's remember this team just last week lost at home to the Raiders.  But I really don't think Reich is really that special.  Would I take him in a trade straight up for Vrabel?  Not sure.  I think Ballard and Robinson are both excellent GMs.  If I could have one, Vrabel or Robinson?  I'm taking Robinson.

But last year's success was in large part due to having arguably the best quarterback in football on the roster.

2 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Talk about owning someone who is a smart ass know it all.  Good job.

Bottom line is the Bills have a great secondary and with our putrid OL not keeping Mariota clean we had some issues.  Still, we could have easily won this game with a FG or two and Mariota not throwing that TD pass 2 inches past the LOS.  

It was frustrating to watch the line try to hold up and keep Mariota clean, but even with the mistakes and whiffs they still did a far better job than they did against the Jags. The Bills secondary just doesn't make the job easy. Tre'Davious White was someone a number of people here wish we would have drafted instead of Adoree...

It's just gross nitpicking to think MM could have done much more to win this game when his HOF 6 time SB champion counterpart did even less.

As for Mariota's TD throw that wasn't... I'd argue that it's debatable he was completely across the line. If the ref had called it a touchdown instead of an illegal forward pass I don't know if they would have overturned that either. Regardless, he had two defenders keeping containment to make sure he didn't run it in. Mariota could have thrown the ball half a step before he did and maybe AJ Brown would have been open enough to catch it or maybe he wouldn't have been. It was so far from the "retarded decision" that some are saying it was that I have to stop for gas in a Tesla... 

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

I'm speaking in general terms not just about the game yesterday. Thanks for playing. 

But Brady!

Lol No you weren't, regardless of how you edited your post to say so.

But save face! ?

9 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

The colts just beat the chiefs with a run 1st offense last night.

Mahomes got hurt. He stayed in the game, but wasn’t as effective. Additionally, any team can be beat by a lesser team. Bucs over Rams in LA.  The regular season is about playoff positions. 

A loss hurts us more because we can’t seem to reel off 4-5 wins in a row. Sitting at 2-3 is nothing if you can move on to 7-3. 

This team has the talent to score 23-27 points a game.  If you appraise the RB WR and TE.  We rarely get to see what the defense can do playing with the lead. Cleveland was a snapshot. As it is the secondary can’t take the risks. 

If Vrabel isn’t wanting to run the kinda offense teams are winning with then he’s a fool. 

30 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

In his press conference today Vrabel started pointing the finger of blame towards the players more than I have seen him done before in his time as HC.

These cocky tough guys do not do well when they lose

1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

These cocky tough guys do not do well when they lose

The most amazing thing about this team is there hasn't been a major revolt in the locker room with the continued poor performance offensively, the players know this offensive philosophy isn't going to cut it in the current NFL.

11 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The most amazing thing about this team is there hasn't been a major revolt in the locker room with the continued poor performance offensively, the players know this offensive philosophy isn't going to cut it in the current NFL.

Defensive players will start to crack

I also feel a Delaine melt down coming as he's phased out