Sign in to follow this  
JakePA_Titan

NBA 2019

2019 NBA  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Best Regular Season Record?

2. 2. How many 3 pt shoots will Ben Simmons attempt?

• 0-50
    • 51-100
    • 101-250
    • 251+
  3. 3. Will Zion win ROTY?

4. 4. Who wins the East?

• Sixers
    • Celtics
    • Bucks
    • Raptors
    • Pacers
    • Nets
    • Other
  5. 5. Who wins the West?

• Lakers
    • Clippers
    • Warriors
    • Rockets
    • Jazz
    • Nuggets
    • Other
  6. 6. MVP

• James
    • Antetokounmpo
    • Leonard
    • Embiid
    • Westbrook
    • Curry
    • Other
  7. 7. Will Carmelo play this year (Regular season or Playoffs)?

8. 8. Will LeBron fire Vogel during the season?

9. 9. Will OKC trade Chris Paul at some point?

10. 10. Who wins it all?

• Bucks
    • Lakers
    • Clippers
    • Sixers
    • Warriors
    • Rockets
    • Other

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 01/03/2020 at 02:42 AM

Thoughts on Lakers first preseason game. 

There is a myriad of reasons why not to put much stock into that game but you can definitely come away with some important observations. Simply getting to see them on the court together even for one game makes things a lot clearer. 

First observation was what Reggie Miller mentioned right off the jump ball. Lakers size was going to be a problem for the Warriors. And I understand they were without WCS who obviously would be much needed against this LA front, but there aren't many teams that are 2 men deep with 7 footers let alone three. Our size and length will be a problem for a lot of if not most teams. Davis, McGee, and Howard all only played 18 mins each. They grabbed 32 rebounds combined. 10, 13, 9. Rebounding will not be a problem this year like it was last year. Will be a big help. 

Something else I noticed even before jump, we really do have a loaded coaching staff. Shouldn't be left unnoticed.

The 3 ball shooting will be a problem again. We have decent shooters but will never have more than just two "decent" shooters on the court at once.

Bench.... I think our bench could compete to be one of the best defensive second units in the league. But they could also compete to be one of the worst scoring as well. If Kuzma accepts the bench role which I believe he will, and he takes that next step forward, expectations would be 20+ ppg and competing for the 6th man award, we should be fine. But if he is not much improved with his consistency, our second unit as is will struggle to put up points. 

Howard actually looks to be in terrific shape. He was running out to guys on the 3 pt line, up and down the court with ease, and really attacked the boards with aggression. Aggressive on offense as well but finished 3-7 for 9 pts. With our second unit not having much scoring on it, it will be interesting to see what Howard does with that opportunity. But ppl like OF should be celebrating the fact Boogie got hurt. Our second unit would be much stronger. 

But back to my middle two observations, I wouldn't be a fan of the idea but I wouldn't be surprised if they gave Melo a shot. Our 3 ball shooting and bench scoring are two areas he could help. We still have a roster spot open and it could benefit both him and LA. With LBJ and Davis there as well as the best team with a title shot willing to give him a chance, I think he would gladly come off the bench. Him and Kuz could share the second unit offensively. And if and when he gets hot, stick him with the first unit to help space things for AD and LBJ and to run his ego a bit. 

As far as GS there weren't many guys or certain areas I was interested in watching. Russell and Green are two I did focu on. 

Green was no aggressive at all offensively. No big deal really at this point given their success and it's still early in this season. One big thing though was he had three open shots. 2 wide open from 3, and clanked all of them. I really thought he would have worked on that more. He either hasn't or just simply can't get it down and should probably just abandon the range game. 

Russell didn't look very good. Almost like he was lost or as if he didn't fit in with the team. They're really going to need him if they want keep up with everyone until Klay gets back. 

Mostly watching the game I felt like GSW honestly didn't even want to be there and I can understand. I'm sure they ran it almost as if it was a team only scrimmage. So GSW would be a team where I wouldn't take much from what I saw in that game. 

It's funny how you list 6 players by name as candidates for the MVP, yet they are all losing to "other".

Perhaps you should have listed the MVP candidate that everyone is ignoring this year, obviously out of pure bias against him.

You know, that guy who finished in the top 2 of the MVP voting in four of the last five years? You listed his first name there, but not his last name. :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

It's funny how you list 6 players by name as candidates for the MVP, yet they are all losing to "other".

I thought you'd like that. Can't loe, I'm surprised you didn't take a jab at Westbrook because I included him instead. I guess since he's committing all those TOs in red and white, harder for you to do. You probably believe they'll finish 1, 2....

Perhaps you should have listed the MVP candidate that everyone is ignoring this year, obviously out of pure bias against him.

Are you seriously talking about Harden? What is the bias? That when it comes to the playoffs he collapses?

You know, that guy who finished in the top 2 of the MVP voting in four of the last five years? You listed his first name there, but not his last name. :rolleyes:

NBA 2019 thread and all you have to talk about is Harden, really? 

So many great storylines and you're fixated on Harden winning MVP.

You care more about that than them winning the title. 

@Little Earl

You really think Simmons will be afraid to shoot the three again? He said if they leave him open, he's shooting it. I'm sure he'll be left open until he shows he can hit it. I'd be shocked if he doesn't attempt at least 51 this year.

Also, do you have a location in mind for Melo or no?

3 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

@Little Earl

You really think Simmons will be afraid to shoot the three again? He said if they leave him open, he's shooting it. I'm sure he'll be left open until he shows he can hit it. I'd be shocked if he doesn't attempt at least 51 this year.

Also, do you have a location in mind for Melo or no?

Yeah, you are probably right.  Simmons will most likely at least average a shot a game.   He took one last night and made it.

Have no idea on Melo.

12 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I respect Klays opinion. 

How could it not be one of the best with LBJ and Davis?   They will need all the big men rebounding with all the 3 pointers they will miss.

1 hour ago, Little Earl said:

How could it not be one of the best with LBJ and Davis?   They will need all the big men rebounding with all the 3 pointers they will miss.

I was focused more on the second part about the bench being deep. Seemed like a lot of outsiders thought we sacrificed depth waiting on KLs decision. 

Edited by JakePA_Titan