Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

Lewan: "No More Chipping on the Left Side"

Great to have him back, but isn't it reasonable to expect some rust?  Timing, (game) conditioning etc?

Just saying it may take a game or two to get back into the routine. 

A very different question: if he had been out there, how different is our record?  We beat Indy maybe??

7 minutes ago, chef said:

Great to have him back, but isn't it reasonable to expect some rust?  Timing, (game) conditioning etc?

Not according to him, so no. No excuses. 

A very different question: if he had been out there, how different is our record?  We beat Indy maybe??

Only for ppl who thought OL was the problem. So I'd say 2-2 still. 

I can't see how Lewan would have been a help here. Btw, Mariota could have ran right. Instead he didn't know wtf to do, became a deer in headlights and got sacked. But supposedly, that's the OLs fault there...

Edited by JakePA_Titan

Just now, TF_Titan said:

That's a pretty direct swipe at Kelly...even though I'm sure he didn't really mean it that way. Basically..."Step aside scrub and let a real LT take over."

Now...he's 100% correct...but still...

That's what I thought as well. And Kelly hasn't even been bad filling in. 

10 minutes ago, Tomachek said:

How many snaps does it take before Lewan gets his first penalty?

18 months......never mind.....

28 minutes ago, TF_Titan said:

That's a pretty direct swipe at Kelly...even though I'm sure he didn't really mean it that way. Basically..."Step aside scrub and let a real LT take over."

Now...he's 100% correct...but still...

Only if Kelly requested the help, or proved he was unreliable without it.

The chippers were the result of coaching decisions I'm sure, so the biggest beneficiaries of this will be Humphries and the TE group.

The guys Smith and Vrabel tasked with the chips.

36 minutes ago, chef said:

There might be, but Nate Davis hadn't played since last year. Almost no camp, no preseason action, and missed first three games. Outperformed Douglas in pass pro.

The line is getting huge shots in the arm in week 4 and week 5.

4 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Only if Kelly requested the help, or proved he was unreliable without it.

The chippers were the result of coaching decisions I'm sure, so the biggest beneficiaries of this will be Humphries and the TE group.

The guys Smith and Vrabel tasked with the chips.

Another reason why Delanie Walker's demise has possibly been greatly exaggerated...

Letting Humphries and the TEs get out in space more and not having to worry about that left side could be a very large boon to the offense.  I think people lack appreciation for just how valuable a high level LT can be for an offense.  

2 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Letting Humphries and the TEs get out in space more and not having to worry about that left side could be a very large boon to the offense.  I think people lack appreciation for just how valuable a high level LT can be for an offense.  

It will definitely give Walker and Humphries both more freedom in the pass game. Jonnu as well.