Sign in to follow this  
AussieTitanFan08

2020 NFL Draft Order after week 14

My gosh there are like 6 teams ahead of us that need a QB right now.  Maybe more.  We might be able to draft a guy like Fromm staying where we are simply because he isn't worth that early of a pick for the other teams to use.  But he might not be worth it for us to take him there either.  Our real hope should be that there is a feeding frenzy on the QBs ahead of us so we can get a blue ship player.  Then see what is left over in the 2nd (and we probably have to move up to take that). 

40 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

My gosh there are like 6 teams ahead of us that need a QB right now.  Maybe more.  We might be able to draft a guy like Fromm staying where we are simply because he isn't worth that early of a pick for the other teams to use.  But he might not be worth it for us to take him there either.  Our real hope should be that there is a feeding frenzy on the QBs ahead of us so we can get a blue ship player.  Then see what is left over in the 2nd (and we probably have to move up to take that). 

I definitely think we can find a starting caliber Quarterback in round 2 or later, we just need to let them sit and develop.  Theirs a decent amount of mid-tier guys with NFL tools in this draft that just needs some fine tuning.  If they don't pan out then all that means is will be in better draft position to get someone in a future year.

I have no idea who will be available in the 2nd round but I'd assume anyone left who is truly viable would require us to move up some to jump a few teams.  It really gets to be a crap shoot when you start drafting guys in the middle to late rounds.  Someone like Fromm could very well be there when we pick in the 1st round.  The question is if he is worthy of that pick depending on who else is available.  He seems more of a mid to late round prospect to me.  Walter has us taking Fromm with the 15th pick. 

Here is an updated list of QBs.  Hurts in this list is ahead of Fromm. 

https://www.drafttek.com/2020-NFL-Draft-Position-Rankings/Top-College-QBs.asp

The #5 and 6th QBs on that list (assuming that is the order everyone gets drafted) would be my target early 2nd, late 1st rd.  I'd like either if we have a late 1st pick or trade to the early 2nd.  After Fromm and Eason the drop off is significant. 

Seems like the decision will depend on how long do they want to sign the bridge qb for.. any qb in the early 2nd will need to sit for a year or 2.. so maybe Rivers or Manning would work there.. oth, Tannehill is a 3-4 year signing IMO... Eason in round 2 would be a perfect outcome to me.

Edited by Nash

1 hour ago, Nash said:

Seems like the decision will depend on how long do they want to sign the bridge qb for.. any qb in the early 2nd will need to sit for a year or 2.. so maybe Rivers or Manning would work there.. oth, Tannehill is a 3-4 year signing IMO... Eason in round 2 would be a perfect outcome to me.

Only issue with that is there is a good chance there is a crazy run on QB’s in the 1st. Gotta think Burrow, Herbert, Eason, and Love go in the 1st at least. There might be someone that gambles on Tua in the 1st as well still. It will be interesting to see but the Top 5 QBs could all be gone before the start of the 2nd round. 

8 hours ago, Nash said:

I agree.  Eason has value there and if he can sit behind Tannehill for a few years could end up as good as anyone in the draft.  If he flops we didn't give up as much.  One thing that we have to wait and see is exactly where we draft.  If the team can continue to put together wins we might have a tough choice picking later in the 1st round. 

Charlie on walterfootball.com had us taking Love in the first. I was not a fan of that at this stage. Drafttek lists him as a 5th rounder.

On 11/20/2019 at 7:15 AM, GLinks said:

Charlie on walterfootball.com had us taking Love in the first. I was not a fan of that at this stage. Drafttek lists him as a 5th rounder.

Charlie is wrong on both counts.  Love isn't a 1st rounder, not even close.  And the Titans aren't drafting a QB in the 1st unless they can't get Tannehill signed.

The Bengals pretty much secured the top pick in the 2020 draft this week, with a 2 game lead on the "chasing" pack there would need to be some crazy upset results over the last 5 weeks for the Bengals to miss out on "securing" the #1 pick.

Regarding the Titans after the win against the Jags they bump up to pick #19 after week 12.

Projected 2020 NFL Draft Order after Week 12.

1. Bengals

2. Giants

3. Dolphins

4. Redskins

5. Broncos

6. Falcons

7. Lions

8. Cardinals

9. Jags

10. Jets

11. Chargers

12. Bucs

13. Eagles

14. Raiders (from Bears)

15. Browns

16. Panthers

17. Raiders

18. Colts

19. Titans

20. Jags (from Rams)

21. Cowboys

22. Dolphins (from Steelers)

23. Chiefs

24. Vikings

25. Dolphins (from Texans)

26. Bills

27. Packers

28. Seahawks

29. Saints

30. Ravens

31. Patriots

32. 49ers

Wins by the Bengals/Redskins/Dolphins make the race for top 5 picks a little more interesting with a month of the season to go.

Strange seeing the Falcons with a top 5 pick and the Chargers are top 10 pick, both teams way too talented to be in the running for top 10 picks.

Titans stay put at pick #19

Projected 2020 NFL Draft Order after Week 13

1. Bengals

2. Giants

3. Redskins

4. Dolphins

5. Falcons

6. Lions

7. Cardinals

8. Jags

9. Jets

10. Chargers

11. Broncos

12. Eagles

13. Bucs

14. Panthers

15. Browns

16. Raiders

17. Colts

18. Raiders (from Bears)

19. Titans

20. Jags (from Rams)

21. Cowboys

22. Dolphins (from Steelers)

23. Vikings

24. Chiefs

25. Dolphins (from Texans)

26. Bills

27. Packers

28. Saints

29. Patriots

30. 49ers

31. Ravens

32. Seahawks

Couple of key "toilet bowl games" in December:

Dolphins vs Bengals, Giants vs Redskins (aka the Chase Young Bowl).

Weird seeing the Lions up there.  That's the team I have no idea what they will do.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 6:37 AM, ctm said:

Charlie is wrong on both counts.  Love isn't a 1st rounder, not even close.  And the Titans aren't drafting a QB in the 1st unless they can't get Tannehill signed.

Love might be more of a 3rd round pick for us assuming we get Tannehill signed.  Depending on how well we finish down the stretch JRob might not want to use any of our top 4 picks on a QB.  We need those picks to replenish the roster and maintain depth. 

Not much change at the top of the draft with the top 7 teams all losing.

Once again the Titans stay at #19 like they have been for a couple of weeks now.

Projected 2020 NFL Draft Order after Week 14.

1. Bengals

2. Giants

3. Redskins

4. Dolphins

5. Lions

6. Cardinals

7. Jags

8. Falcons

9. Jets

10. Chargers

11. Broncos

12. Panthers