Davis and Brown Are Starting to Remind Me of...

Jonboy

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brown is much faster than Bolden even though they're about the same size. That man was moving yesterday.    

Thought this was pretty neat too    

13 minutes ago, japan said:

Yeah, I thought the rap on Brown was he wasn't fast.  Looked pretty fast to me...

He isn’t. He isn’t slow, but he has pretty average WR speed. The CB was outrunning him from behind, he just ran out of room to catch up.

He can still be an excellent WR without being fast. Quickness is more important. Plenty of fast WRs suck...

2 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

He isn’t. He isn’t slow, but he has pretty average WR speed. The CB was outrunning him from behind, he just ran out of room to catch up.

He can still be an excellent WR without being fast. Quickness is more important. Plenty of fast WRs suck...

He’s plenty fast, but really it’s his acceleration that is surprising. Legit 4.4 speed with the ability to immediately create separation through his burst. That’s how he initially pulled away from the two defenders. 

3 minutes ago, RasKass said:

Man you're right. I remember debating with people back in the day who had the best receivers in the league. Mid 2000s had alot of great duos...

Wayne & Harrison...Bruce & Holt...Bolden & Fitzgerald...Chad Johnson and Houshmanzadeh (Spell check)...Steve Smith & Muhsin Muhammad...Donald Driver & Greg Jennings...I think the league definitely had better Wideouts across the board back then.

I'm getting a Steve Smith vibe in regards to AJBrown's attitude.  He's going to replace Delanie as the emotional leader of the offense.

7 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

He’s plenty fast, but really it’s his acceleration that is surprising. Legit 4.4 speed with the ability to immediately create separation through his burst. That’s how he initially pulled away from the two defenders. 

Yep, his burst will help cover up a lot for questions about his speed.

Not to compare him with Jerry Rice just yet, but that was the same there. Rice wasn’t really very fast, but his quickness and burst were hard to match up with. 

Edited by Starkiller

I think Brown has some Henry to him. You watch him run and he looks slow as fuck but all the while he's picking up huge chunks of yards and defenders aren't exactly running them down. Deion Jones is a LB but he ran a 4.38 at his pro day and Brown was able to evade him. Big dudes just don't look fast but it's hard to argue he isn't electric. 

WRs should love when their team has other talented receiving threats on the team because it removes the defense's ability to double team consistently. Rather than cannibalizing catches, it's a halo effect for the team's passing attack.

The first half is the Titans offense we were expecting to see on a more consistent basis this year. If we can consistently see that type of performance, even for a half, each game then we won't lose a lot of games. Get a 3 score lead & then let Henry finish off the games-- I would love if this happened every game.

Titans offense HAS to start throwing down the field like we did Sunday. Defenses are stacking the box with 8 & pressing to remove the threat of WR screens. They are daring us to throw.