Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
OILERMAN

Mike Herndon's all 22 review

Recommended Posts

TE’s are a really interesting position group because they seem to take a few years to catch on but are able to play late into their 30s. For example, Jared Cook and Benjamin Watson are still really productive players. Delanie is a good example too of a late bloomer at the position.

 

I think Jonnu is about to enter the phase of the game where it really slows down for him and he’s able to put up some big numbers. I’d rather not get rid of Delanie but if we continue to flail like we have so far, I’d do it just for draft ammunition in the event we trade up for a qb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I don’t know that I want to test the waters on Jonnu being ready to take over for Walker. If walker completely falls off a cliff this year, then yeah. 

 

He's 35, you might wanna get ready 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone who hasn't seen it, here's Herndon's full breakdown of the All-22 Titans/Jags coaches' film.    His thoughts mirror my own....Mike just does a much better job of explaining what we're seeing.   It's an excellent and informative write-up of a poor, inconsistent offensive performance.

 

  • Analysis of all nine sacks to identify what happened on each play.
  • Breaks down plays where Mariota had open receivers available but hesitated and took a sack.
  • Shows plays where Marcus made sharp throws to receivers who weren't necessarily wide open.  (We need more of these).
  • Illustrates the abysmal performances of Saffold and Douglas.
  • Identifies several big-play and/or touchdown opportunities that failed due to poor execution
  • Also shows several chunk plays that worked well despite terrible O-line play.

https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2019/9/27/20881556/all-22-review-titans-offense-continues-to-look-like-a-mess-in-jacksonville

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mariota hits the top of his drop and senses the edge rushers coming around, but he has a clean pocket to step up into. He climbs in the pocket, but doesn’t cut the crosser to Brown loose for some reason, eventually running into a sack. Brown is wide open by NFL standards and this should be an easy completion for 20-plus yards instead of a 2-yard loss. Mariota simply has to make this throw.

 

 My opinion is that the fault breakdown should be as follows:

Mariota: 4.5 sacks (Nos. 4, 5, 6, 7, and half of 😎

Saffold: 2 sacks (Nos. 2 and 9)

Douglas: 1 sack (No. 3)

Conklin: 0.5 sacks (half of No. 😎

Nobody: 1 sack (No. 1)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

Mariota hits the top of his drop and senses the edge rushers coming around, but he has a clean pocket to step up into. He climbs in the pocket, but doesn’t cut the crosser to Brown loose for some reason, eventually running into a sack. Brown is wide open by NFL standards and this should be an easy completion for 20-plus yards instead of a 2-yard loss. Mariota simply has to make this throw.

 

 My opinion is that the fault breakdown should be as follows:

Mariota: 4.5 sacks (Nos. 4, 5, 6, 7, and half of 😎

Saffold: 2 sacks (Nos. 2 and 9)

Douglas: 1 sack (No. 3)

Conklin: 0.5 sacks (half of No. 😎

Nobody: 1 sack (No. 1)

 

Nobody = Arthur Smith? Hah. 

 

Havent had a chance to read the breakdown. 

 

And yeah - how many times have we heard this exact same sequence with Marcus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, tgo said:

 

Nobody = Arthur Smith? Hah. 

 

Havent had a chance to read the breakdown. 

 

And yeah - how many times have we heard this exact same sequence with Marcus. 

 

Yes this isn’t new.  What is new is folks like Herndon objectively explaining Mariota’s culpability.  In the past, he would try to excuse Mariota’s errors away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

 

Yes this isn’t new.  What is new is folks like Herndon objectively explaining Mariota’s culpability.  In the past, he would try to excuse Mariota’s errors away.

 

I laughed at some of these people yesterday, Mike, bashing trump supporters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuk trump and his dumb ass Fukin fan club bunch of gd idiots.Country been ran into the ground anyways,at this point a Fukin baked potato  could do a better job than that Fukin clown.Thats all lol back to our regularl scheduled program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Recent Posts

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...