Sign in to follow this  
OILERMAN

Mike Herndon's all 22 review

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-halfwit-podstillery/football-and-other-f-words/e/63889445

Mike Herndon has some pretty good stuff. 

He calls out Beddingfield for blasting Davis. He says the bright spots on offense are Henry and yes, Jonnu Smith. Says Smith is playing more than Walker and has become a good blocking TE. Makes me think more about a potential Walker trade. 

There is a bigger discussion about the overall offense since Vrabel got here, wanted Ryan Day orginally. The conservative running etc..... Some really ridiculous examples of running on 1st and then 2nd and very long(20 yards). All done to keep MM from killing the offense imo

Walker would never be traded. He’s incredible more reliable and a better receiver, better at getting open.. etc. team leader. 

Jonnu is young and getting better at blocking. Delanie s is old and on a snap count. 

Thats pretty much much the whole story. 

1 hour ago, Bulluck4dmvp said:

Scotty, we’ve talked about Jonnu in the past. Kid will be a stud & needs more snaps. I’d be open to trading Walker for some draft capital. 

I think Walker is really valuable right now, but it’s fairly obvious we’re not going to be competing for a super bowl this season. It’s probably more valuable long term to trade him for a decent pick and further develop Jonnu. 

Same with Conklin. We need to load up draft ammunition for the 2020 draft.

Edited by Thrill

I dont see us trading walker. He is to much of the offense and even as great as he is he is geting old so he wouldn't be worth much. 3rd if we are being generous but id see it as a 4th.

Conklin on the other hand we maybe be able to get a 2nd. Hell some1 who is in dire need may give up more.

Not saying i want to trade either. But I could see a route forward going with kelly at rt and trading conklin.

I could see us trading Walker to a contender like the Pats easily.  Not only do we have Smith but we also have Firkser who can play the role of the catch TE.  An extra 3rd round pick makes real good sense considering we will be looking for a QB and might have to package some picks to move up a few spots.  Say we give up a 1st and 2nd to move up a few spots and get a guy they want.  We would still have two 3rd round picks to work with to get some quality players.  

As for Conklin we should wait and see how he does the rest of the year.  Nobody is going to give up a 2nd for a guy in his last year of his contract.  If we go with a rookie QB we can have the room to re-sign Conklin and have two solid OTs while the rookie learns and gets experience.    Letting Walker go isn't going to hurt because we have some players to fill in.  Letting Conklin go puts us in an almost desperate scenario for a RT.  It really comes down to Conklin proving he can be an upper tier RT.  If not, we can sign Kelly back.  But I wouldn't want to make that decision for a crappy draft pick right now.

1 minute ago, Titans279 said:

We should trade Walker because we're basically going to have to rebuild anyway

I don't understand the purpose. Other than the QB,  The pass rush needs work.  And that's it, really.   Another RB, but that's nothing that can't be found in the middle of the draft.  We'd more or less be rebuilding to get to where we are now

Doubtful we trade Walker. He's a leader in the locker room and his production will go up. We'll need him if we have any playoff hopes.

6 minutes ago, nine said:

Yep.  There's no recovering from a 1-2 start.    Time to pull the plug on the season and start offloading the team's most proven, dependable leaders.

If we lose to the falcons people are going to start suggesting we put Lewan up for trade or Byard. Lmao

You guys are overlooking something the Titans clearly value: leadership.

Delanie is the leader of the offense. Lewan is not. He may be the most vocal but that doesn’t make you a leader. He will not be traded this year.

1 hour ago, nine said:

Yep.  There's no recovering from a 1-2 start.    Time to pull the plug on the season and start offloading the team's most proven, dependable leaders.

This team would be fine without Walker, Smith is ready 

When is the trading deadline?  Week 6 or week 8?  If they're 1-whatever, yeah they should consider moving Walker and Conklin because they may need those picks to move up to get at qb.