kyle021

Joe Burrow

3 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

So much is going to rely on the draft order, if it stays as the Bengals and Dolphins as picks 1 and 2 can't see either trading away the opportunity to take a QB. 

The only hope to get Burrow would be if Herbert plays extremely well and one of the top teams prefers him.

11 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

So much is going to rely on the draft order, if it stays as the Bengals and Dolphins as picks 1 and 2 can't see either trading away the opportunity to take a QB. 

You gotta think the Bengals may be chomping at the bit to draft the hometown kid Burrow. He grew up in Athen, Ohio about 3 hours from Cincinnati. Zac Taylor is going to want to draft his guy. If we want Burrow we will need to jump them and as of now they are #2.

Interesting listening to Daniel Jeremiah just now on the Mike Vrabel show talking with Mike Keith, he said that he had talked to plenty of scouts that have been through LSU scouting Burrow and every single one of them agreed he is playing very well right now but they are concerned about whether he has the elite tools to transfer to the NFL.

Jeremiah also mentioned that Burrow isn't currently viewed as a top 5 type prospect.

Would also point out the last two #1 picks Mayfield/Murray weren't considered top 5 picks at the same point of their draft process.

@AussieTitanFan08

Know your a huge fan, saw an article on Sept 26 with Jordan Love. 

On 569 dropbacks the past two seasons, Love has only taken 10 sacks. 

He's definitely been up and down this season, but theirs definitely some tools there.

2 minutes ago, Tomachek said:

@AussieTitanFan08

Know your a huge fan, saw an article on Sept 26 with Jordan Love. 

On 569 dropbacks the past two seasons, Love has only taken 10 sacks. 

He's definitely been up and down this season, but theirs definitely some tools there.

No question Love has the physical tools NFL teams are looking for, he is still very raw though, ideally he would sit year 1 to be developed in an NFL program.

On 10/14/2019 at 6:16 PM, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Interesting listening to Daniel Jeremiah just now on the Mike Vrabel show talking with Mike Keith, he said that he had talked to plenty of scouts that have been through LSU scouting Burrow and every single one of them agreed he is playing very well right now but they are concerned about whether he has the elite tools to transfer to the NFL.

Jeremiah also mentioned that Burrow isn't currently viewed as a top 5 type prospect.

Would also point out the last two #1 picks Mayfield/Murray weren't considered top 5 picks at the same point of their draft process.

Its because Burrow doesn't have a single skill that really stands out. His best trait right now is that he's mastered the spread offense LSU runs, and I think him being a 5th year guy helps because the game is slower for him. I'm not completely all in on him either.

The thing I wonder about Burrow is if he is the change in LSUs offense or is it Brady's effect that's causing the improved play. He also has a lot of good receiving talent around him that makes me wonder how good he would be with less than optimal talent around him. This is the reason I am slowly coming more into Love if we take a qb but like aussie said he would need a year to sit and we gotta get a real qb guru/ offensive mastermind to guide him thru the transition. How crazy would it be if we pick up Joe Brady as OC but draft Love instead of Burrow? 

Edited by DecepticonShawn

Assuming Burrow continues the hot steak he is on and he goes to the Bengals or Dolphins, then I am all about adding two other QB's to compete with Tannehill next year. Draft Love in the 2nd Round, sign Bridgewater or Mullens/Beathard (whomever the 49ers are willing to trade). Have all of them compete. If no one emerges you should be in position to draft Fields or Lawrence in the 2021 draft. We have got to find a QB. Doesn't matter if we bring in 1 or 2 or 5. Number don't matter. Find someone to hold it down.

If the team continues anywhere near its present course then Vrabel's seat will be warm to hot in 2020. He's not going to have a year to waste developing a QB.  He'll want a guy who can play on opening day.

1 minute ago, ctm said:

If the team continues anywhere near its present course then Vrabel's seat will be warm to hot in 2020. He's not going to have a year to waste developing a QB.  He'll want a guy who can play on opening day.

JRob's single most important task this offseason is to find the QBOTF, he simply has to get the guy he thinks will be the best QB in the long term, not the guy who is simply best equipped to start week 1.

It is also why there is likely to be a veteran QB under contract in place before the draft who can start if required.

36 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

JRob's single most important task this offseason is to find the QBOTF, he simply has to get the guy he thinks will be the best QB in the long term, not the guy who is simply best equipped to start week 1.

It is also why there is likely to be a veteran QB under contract in place before the draft who can start if required.

If 2019 continues on this trend line and 2020 isn't much different then there is no future for JRob or Vrabel.  They have to turn this around.   I tend to think they will do both, sign an experienced vet and draft a QB high.

1 minute ago, ctm said:

If 2019 continues on this trend line and 2020 isn't much different then there is no future for JRob or Vrabel.  They have to turn this around.   I tend to think they will do both, sign an experienced vet and draft a QB high.

I don't think JRob is in any danger right now, AAS trusts him to run the entire football operation he is going to get the opportunity to pick and develop his own QB.

Vrabel with some lets say curious in game decisions recently and the total breakdown of the offense might have an issue if things don't turn around early next year.

Totally agree that JRob will sign a vet and then draft a QB, the only concern I have about drafting a QB is we may be looking at best the 3rd best QB in this draft class, if things continue going the way they are the Bengals/Dolphins will take the top 2 QB's in this draft class.

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I don't think JRob is in any danger right now, AAS trusts him to run the entire football operation he is going to get the opportunity to pick and develop his own QB.

Vrabel with some lets say curious in game decisions recently and the total breakdown of the offense might have an issue if things don't turn around early next year.

Totally agree that JRob will sign a vet and then draft a QB, the only concern I have about drafting a QB is we may be looking at best the 3rd best QB in this draft class, if things continue going the way they are the Bengals/Dolphins will take the top 2 QB's in this draft class.

I never said JRob or Vrabel were in danger right now.  But things better improve significantly by the end of 2020 or all bets are off for them.

It's very possible the #3 guy is still an outstanding prospect regardless of who is taken ahead of him.

But it's mostly speculation right now.  Things will look a lot different in Jan. if the team is 10-6 rather than 4-12.

I continue to watch Burrow each week and I come away more and more impressed. Dude is as pro ready as any qb I have watched since Manning. But he's more athletic than Manning. 

I would literally give up the next 3 years of 1st round picks to get him. 

Edited by Supdawg